CHAPTER 26

"Is there any way to save her?" Shanks asked as he stood in front of his daughter's bed after following Law into his submarine. Both him and his first mate stood there as they stared at the unconscious redhead female. Shanks's brows were furrowed, a peculiar gleam passing through his eyes.

"There is, but we'll need your blood for it," Law answered. Their gaze shifted towards the Surgeon of Death as he pushed himself away from the wall he leaned against. He had his hands crossed and his polar bear first mate next to him.

"The only way to save her is by giving her the cure inside matching blood without the drug. That's where you come in," Law explained calmly and watched as the red-haired male glanced back at the pale female.

"How do you know my blood will match hers?" Shanks asked and Bepo glanced at his Captain who had an impassive facial expression. Law briefly closed his eyes and let his thoughts linger around in his mind before he glanced back at the Emperor.

"Because you're her Father and life always has a way of making you confront your enemy," Law replied and Shanks chuckled slightly at his words. He had to admit that the rookie was something else to confront him. He had guts that would definitely get him into trouble.

"I agree then. If it'll help save her life," Shanks agreed and his first mate frowned at him. He knew it was a chance to take when he agreed to save her. However, there was a chance that this wasn't his real daughter even if he had a hunch that she was.

"You can have a moment with her until I bring the cure to start the procedure," Law stated and Shanks nodded as the two Heart Pirates walked out of the room. Bepo eyed the other two pirates with suspicion but exited the room to give them privacy.

"You know you're taking a chance here, Boss. There's no telling if she really is Liza's daughter," Benn, Shanks' first mate finally spoke up and Shanks glanced at the male. His first mate had a point but then again, he didn't always listen.

"Yeah, I know. Even if she isn't my daughter and my blood really match hers, I'll be able to save her," Shanks stated and Benn rolled his eyes at his soft-hearted Captain. He didn't know what to do with him at times.

"But that won't be." Benn briefly glanced at his Captain in confusion before he saw his eyes fixated upon the unconscious female. "She looks exactly like her mother," Shanks murmured and Benn huffed while crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"Except she has your red hair. Despite that, she really does look like Liza when you first met her, the spiky bangs are identical," Benn pointed out. Shanks gave him a smug facial expression, making his first mate scowl at him.

"See?" Benn scoffed at his Captain's assuredness but said nothing of it. He had to admit that she did look a lot like Liza who was intimate with Shanks once, but he still had his doubts. There was no way of telling if she truly was his Captain's daughter, especially with Liza long deceased.

Shanks drew his attention when he pulled out a piece of paper and his brows knitted together. It was the only thing he had as a clue for his daughter. After Liza died, this was all he had left. Shanks was never going to give up the search until he finally found her.

"You really think it's her?" Benn asked as he glanced at his Captain's unreadable facial expression and looked back at the drawing. It was a colorful picture that was drawn with crayons, but it wasn't messy in the least.

Drawn on it was a small field full of pink flowers, with two females standing beneath a tree. One resembled the red-haired girl lying in front of them and the other one the deceased, Liza. At their feet were a picnic basket and a large blanket.

"There's no doubt about it. After all these years we've been looking we've finally found her, Benn. We found Rosalie," Shanks stated and a small smile came upon his lips. He neatly folded up the drawing and pocketed it once more.