CHAPTER 24

Rosaline felt numb.

Her entire body was numb and her mind, foggy. She had no idea where she was and she was struggling to figure out who she was. She knew that the name Rosaline was familiar to her but she didn't know if it was her own.

The dark void that was slowly drawing her immobilized figure in, wasn't helping her at all to remembering anything. Instead, it exhausted her more than she already was and she barely had strength to keep her mind awake.

She could feel a faint pain come from inside her chest when she inhaled. However, it hurt a bit more when she exhaled. She didn't know what was wrong with her and the unknown caused panic to rush through her system.

She had no memory and she didn't know where she was. She couldn't move her body and she felt like she wasn't inside her body anymore. She was floating in a void. It was suffocating and simultaneously tiring.

She felt lost inside the darkness. All she could do was try and fight past the fog inside her mind. She needed to breathe and hang onto the last bit of consciousness she had. She had a nagging feeling that someone was waiting for her and she wasn't going to let them wait forever.

"Hey, Rosa-chan."

She heard the faintness of the voice reach her ears, the gruff tone telling her that it was a male speaking. She wanted to panic because she couldn't do or see anything. Yet, the softness of the male's voice made her feel comfortable and calm.

"I hope you're still hanging in there and that I'm not talking to myself."

Rosaline found his words amusing in a way. He wanted to tell him that she was listening but was unable to do so. She merely relaxed her breathing, one of the only things of her body she could control, and waited for the male to speak. In the back of her mind she was sure that whoever he was, she knew him.

"Captain said you'll be able to hear us but I'm feel like I'm going on a leap of faith here."

The male's mention of someone else made Rosaline confused. Captain? Who was this captain? How did he know that she would be able to hear the male? She wanted to ask him so many questions. Unfortunately, she couldn't utter a word.

"We all really miss you, Rosa-chan, and your food. You the most of course."

The voice almost sounded panicked as he quickly readjusted his statement. Rosaline briefly wondered if the male thought she was going to scold him. Even so, she was glad to learn that she was able to cool, something she had no memory of doing.

"You gave us a big scare back there, you know that? We thought we lost you but then you came back and I knew... I knew you would never just leave us. That's not like you."

His voice sounded pained and Rosaline felt a peculiar emotion swirl in her chest. She sympathized the male despite not knowing what had happened to her or why he sounded upset. He...no, they knew her well. Whoever 'they' were. They seemed to have a strong connection.

"Captain's trying his best to make a cure. We even found someone who can help. We're just not sure if he's going to help but we're prepared to fight for you."

Rosaline hated that thought immediately. She didn't want anyone to fight. She strangely felt concerned for the voice and somehow the people who were connected to him. She didn't want them to get hurt, especially when it was for her.

"I must say I was shocked when I heard that your father was one of the infamous Emperors. I really didn't expect that one coming."

He knew of her father? Did she know her father? Why was he so shocked? What Emperor was he talking about? She wondered if her father was there with them and if he would visit her. He sounded like a very important figure and couldn't help but wonder who he was.