Page 3

Mikoto stood in front of the mirror and looked himself over. He could do it. He could survive the school day. He splashed water in his face then nodded. He had gotten to the boys' restroom with ease. All he had to think about was his time spent with Reisi. The restroom door opened and the person walked over to him.

"Miko, is everything alright? You were mute and then disappeared before homeroom even began." he said worriedly. "I'm your best friend, but you won't tell me anything..."

"It's not that I don't want to, I can't." Mikoto replied before walking past him.

His best friend lowered his head as Mikoto walked out the door. What could've happened that Mikoto couldn't tell him? Did he kill someone? The fact if not knowing made him worry more.

˚ ༘♡˚ ༘♡

The bell rung and lunch period now started. Mikoto took out his lunch and quietly ate at his seat. A chair and a person made itself known by his side.

"Lunch looks good as always." he quipped, taking a piece of broccoli.

"Don't you have your own lunch?" Mikoto complained, moving his away.

"Yes, but your lunch tastes better. I can feel the love it was made with." he said with a smile.

"You're being gross, Tara..." he muttered, stuffing his mouth.

"I said don't call me Tara! Such a feminine name..." Tara said with a pout.

"A feminine name fitting of a feminine guy." joked Mikoto.

"It's Tatara. Tah-Tah-Rah!" he sounded out in frustration.

"All I hear is Tara." said Mikoto happily.

Tatara gave up, keeping his head down and face out of sight. He actually didn't dislike the name, mostly because Mikoto had given it to him. His cheeks flushed slightly as he ate with a smile on his face.

"I met someone interesting yesterday." Mikoto mentioned, wanting to share with Tatara. "Things were different around him..."

Tatara felt a pit in his stomach. He looked at Mikoto who looked lost in thought.

"How so? Nothing could be better than having your best friend beside you." said Tatara, somewhat hiding his jealousy.

"It just did... I can't really explain it, but... it was like being in a meadow of only grass and a cool breeze blowing with the warm sunlight beating down on you." Mikoto described, hoping the feeling would reach Tatara.

"What school does he go to? Maybe I know him." said Tatara, wondering who this person was.

"His surname is Munakata." Mikoto said with a smile.

Something in Tatara snapped.

"I know him. We attended primary school together. Such a stickler for rules and shit. No one liked him. Some people hated him for that and because he always got hundreds and straight As." said Tatara, being one of them. "Don't hang around him. I'm positive someone's going to jump him."

Mikoto lowered his head and chopsticks at the news. He certainly didn't want to get into any unnecessary trouble, but he really couldn't deny he enjoyed his time with Reisi. Tatara noticed the shift in his mood then moved to hold his hand, only to remember how he got his hand slapped for it.

"Hey, Miko..." Tatara called out quietly. "There's something I want clarification on..."

Mikoto looked at him curiously. He hoped it wasn't about the missed calls again.