Page 14

~Time skip: 1 week~

People murmured as Mikoto walked into the school building. Why were they looking at him? He made a mad dash for the restroom and hid in a stall. He closed his eyes and thought of his happy place, calming himself down. He texted Tatara to meet him in hopes of getting some answers. Tatara rushed from their homeroom and hurried downstairs to the first floor restroom.

"Miko? You in here?" he called out.

Mikoto opened the door and waved before locking himself in again. Tatara didn't question it, already knowing the answer.

"Why is everyone talking about and looking at me...?" he muttered, playing with his fingers.

"Everyone thinks you have a sugar daddy or mommy since you've been coming to school in a car recently. Can't blame'em since you always arrived on foot." said Tatara, leaning against the door. "Why are you coming to school in a car anyway?"

"Jin specifically has someone drive me to and from school..." Mikoto replied, remembering their conversation.

"Jin? Jin who?" Tatara asked.

"Habari Jin. He's Reisi's friend. I'm also living with him due to circumstances..." he muttered, running his finger over a picture of Reisi on his phone. "He said it was for my sake."

"Do you know how rich the Habari family is!? How did Reisi get in with their only son, Jin?" Tatara asked in shock.

"I don't know. Ah, we should get going, homeroom is going to start soon." said Mikoto, unlocking the door and pushing Tatara out of the way.

˚ ༘♡˚ ༘♡

Mikoto slowly ate his lunch while Tatara devoured his. He couldn't focus on much. His mind was too busy worrying about Reisi. Was he okay? Was he eating? Drinking enough fluids? Sleeping? Increasing his drug intake? He put his chopsticks down, unable to eat.

"Hey, you barely touched your food. Eat up." said Tatara, giving him a worried look.

He frowned as Mikoto hid his face in his arms. Tatara took a picture then tweeted about it with the photo attached. Reisi was bound to see it. He wished he could give him physical comfort, but after the stunt he pulled, he wasn't allowed to touch a single hair on his body or else the police would get involved. A phone started to buzz and Mikoto lifted his head. He was slow to answer until he suddenly perked up.

"Rei! Hi, hello!" said Mikoto happily.

Tatara could see the dog ears and tail wagging around. It soon stopped as Mikoto's smile disappeared. What was Reisi saying to him?

"Okay..." mumbled Mikoto before putting his phone away.

"Uh, what just happened?" he asked curiously.

Mikoto ate in silence. Whatever Reisi said did get him to eat, but at what cost?

˚ ༘♡˚ ༘♡

The teacher allowed the class to have the few remaining minutes of class time to themselves for actually paying attention for once. Tatara moved over to Mikoto's seat and gave him a smile.

"Wanna hang after school?" he asked. "We can go see a movie."

"Oh, sure." Mikoto replied with a forced smile. "What movie are you thinking of?"

"The one that just came out. The prequel to our favorite movie." said Tatara. "So, you definitely in?"

Mikoto smiled and nodded. Tatara could see he was forcing himself. It was obvious something was bugging him. Would he tell him? It seemed unlikely. He was going to try anyway.