Page 19

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

They avoided each other. It was mostly Mikoto doing the avoiding. Reisi simply went along with his whims. He understood why he was avoiding him, but they'd have to talk it out some day. Jin poked his head into Reisi's classroom then walked over to him, gaining everyone's attention. Why was such an important person still bothering with someone like Reisi?

"So, you coming over after school?" Jin asked with a smile.

"Yeah, sure." replied Reisi, finishing up homework.

"You seem irritable these past few days. What's up? Got in a fight with your boyfriend?" joked Jin, feeling Reisi dig his heel into his foot. "I was only joking."

"He's trying to sort things out. Until then, he won't talk to me." said Reisi with a sigh. "It's been over two weeks..."

"Aw, you miss him. You really care for him don't you?" Jin asked, poking his cheek.

"Of course I do. He's my close friend. Friends care about each other." said Reisi, crossing his arms.

"Really? You know, I happened to see Mikoto the other day. He was getting somewhat comfortable with a girl." said Jin, watching Reisi's eyes widened before going back to normal. "She was pretty too. Wonder what they were doing."

"He's free to do what he wants. Why are you bothering me with such nonsense." said Reisi with a yawn.

"I saw him walking to school with the same girl though. Seems like they live nearby. Wonder if he goes over to her place and..." said Jin before making gestures with his hands.

Reisi kicked him in his chest, sending him stumbling back into the desks. Reisi blinked rapidly, realizing what he just did. The entire class was staring at him. He ran past Jin, needing to escape. Jin was only joking around, but he didn't expect this kind of reaction from a bit of teasing.

˚ ༘♡˚ ༘♡

Reisi hung out in the janitor's closet, missing yet another class. He looked at his hands, opening and closing them in a rhythmic motion. So what if Mikoto was getting comfortable with a girl? It was a good thing. He was getting used to being around people again. Even then, why did it hurt, thinking of them laughing and having fun? Enjoying meals and going places together? Reisi curled into himself, hiding his tears. He reached into his pocket then quickly went through half of the bag of gummies.

They'd make the pain go away. They make it possible for him to stop thinking. He didn't want to anymore. He was tired. Tired of hearing his mother scream on the phone at his cheating father. Tired of his father calling him. Tired of attending school. He was tired of living. How did others do it? How could they look forward to another day, especially if their life was complete shit? He wobbled to his feet then started messing around, knocking things over.

Reisi sighed heavily, emptying cleaning products into the floor, throwing rags, breaking mops and cutting everything in sight. The door opened and the janitor stared at him in shock.

"Fuck off." Reisi spat, putting up his middle finger before storming out.

Reisi walked off of school grounds, finding anywhere that wasn't there a good place to be. He wandered the streets, wondering what to do with his free time. He called his mother's number, starting to limp as he walked.

"Reisi, why is your phone on during school hours? Why are you calling me?" she demanded.

"Ma, I love you." he said before laughing maniacally. "But I'm done."

He hung up and turned his phone off. He was going to go far. As far as he possibly could. Then he could die in peace. He'd finally be unshackled from the burdens of being a living and breathing human.