Page 17

Mikoto excitedly looked through his clothes and some of the ones Jin had bought him. It felt like forever since he hung out with Reisi. He wanted to look his best. Jin knocked on the door before entering.

"So, you have plans today?" Jin asked, wondering who he was going to see.

"Yep! I can't wait. It's just lunch but every minute matters." said Mikoto, finally deciding on a look.

"Oh? Sounds like more of a date to me. Tell me, who's the lucky girl?" Jin asked, now intrigued.

"Girl? There's no girl. Anyway, I promise I'll come back and help you both with baking." said Mikoto with a smile.

Jin watched Mikoto leave the room in a blindingly bright mood. He called Reisi, hoping he didn't have any plans.

"Hey, what's up?" asked Reisi, already on his way to meet up with Mikoto.

"Hey, um, I was wondering if you had any plans. Thought maybe you'd like to go out and have some fun." said Jin with a smile.

"I'm busy right now. I'm meeting someone. I'll give you a call afterwards if that's alright." said Reisi, checking the time.

"Yeah. That's fine... so, are you out on a date...?" he asked curiously.

"No. We're just getting lunch and talking, that's not really much of a date, you know?" said Reisi with a chuckle. "Anyway, talk to you later."

Jin sighed heavily before looking around the room. Jealous was the word able to describe his current mood. Mikoto didn't deserve him. They didn't deserve each other. Mikoto was getting in the way of their happiness. He quickly left the room then came back with a pair of scissors and matches. He knew Reisi was counting on him to care for him but he couldn't stand it anymore. Reisi was his. He was supposed to be the one Reisi came to with his problems, the one he always dreamed about, the one he slowly fell in live with.

Jin struck a match then stopped. This wasn't right. If Mikoto was upset, Reisi would be as well. But if Mikoto was permanently out of the picture. His mind started to formulate as he blew out the match. No one would give it a second thought if Mikoto just so happened to drown. He and Reisi both knew what Mikoto's been through, so suicide wasn't entirely out of the question. It was brilliant and not as messy as stabbing him or using a gun.

˚ ༘♡˚ ༘♡

Mikoto entered the shop then spotted Reisi from afar. He checked himself in his phone's reflection before heading over.

"Feels like the old days, doesn't it?" Reisi said with a smile.

"Yeah... but things are different now..." said Mikoto, twiddling his thumbs. "A lot has happened..."

"Right, right..." agreed Reisi.

Mikoto watched as Reisi left his seat and came back with two drinks and a brown bag. Mikoto took the light colored drink and quickly started to drink, hoping to calm his nerves.

"We always had so much to talk about but now... it feels kind of... awkward." said Mikoto, swirling the straw around.

"So, how was school the rest of the week?" Reisi asked figuring they could start there.

"Oh, the usual. Boring. Tatara's still trying to make up for what he did but I'm really just not feeling it." muttered Mikoto. "You?"

"Well, things have been slightly better. Those three guys haven't bothered me lately. And I finally got some Sandy in my system. God I felt like I was going to short circuit without them. And that's really it." said Reisi, sipping on his coffee.