Chapter 1 - Winter Break Starts!

Remember to read the first book and read Mabel's story. They are both important to the story line

DIPPER
Winter break was finally starting! We are in our Senior year. The last winter as high schoolers! School finally ends and I race out of the school. When I got out, it blow a winter breeze at me. I shake a little. Mable walks ahead of me.

"It's colder in Gravity Falls." Mabel said. She was wearing a winter hat and a thin jacket. I follow her. I had wearing, my normal hat, 2 sweaters and a big jacket. It was December 15th. We reach Mable car, I jump in right away, turning on the heat and the seat warmer.

"We have to go home first. To get our things. And tell mom and dad good bye while they go off to California." Mabel said. She starts to drive the car. There was a weird silence.

"It's been a while since I went." I said. Breaking the silence. Mabel sighs a little bit doesn't say anything yet.

"Yeah.... I was just there last week." She tells me. I look at her in surprise.

"How many times have you gone without me?" I ask. I mean this is Mabel. She did this for like 2 years without me, mom and dad noticing.

"Let's just say I went there every chance I got. More like the weekends and sometimes a week full of me visiting." Mable explains. I look at her in surprise.

"Did you even study? At least once?" I asked. She gets mad a little.

"I'm not you! For the last time mom! I can't be like Dipper!" She shouts. Then she cover her mouth.

"Why... why did you say mom?" I asked. Is Mabel keeping secrets?

"Because mom wants me to be like you. Be the smarter one. Why can't you be like Dipper for once? I can't even talk about you. All I have is that and that." She explains. Now, I'm not mad about her going Gravity  Falls without me a lot. It's mom. That's why she's been gone a lot.

"What about dad?" I asked. We were in our drive way by the way. She looks at me and sighs.

"He saw my test scores from yesterday and the end of Fall. He said I've gotten better and haven't yelled at me. Only mom." She explains.

"Is this why you aren't home often?" I asked softly.

"Anyways! Let's go and grab our things. You say good bye and I'll wait in the car." She said. Mabel starts to get out of the car until I grab her.

"Your saying good bye too." I said demanding. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Got it mom." Mable sarcastically.