Chapter 4 - Jealously?

DIPPER
"Pine tree, be lucky that Mabel caught you before falling. You didn't fall into the lake but Mabel does?" Bill said. Mabel saved me at the last minute.

"You okay Mabel?" Wendy asked. Mabel nods with a smile.

"It was fun going down!" She said cheerfully. It was a lie. Mabel is good at lying but not to me. There are times she can but not this one. Wendy and Mabel got where Bill and I was. I was gonna yell at her but Bill stopped me.

"Mabel. You idiot. Don't do anything dumb." He tells her. He punches her a little and she laughs.

"Tell that to your boyfriend." Mabel laughs. They joke around for a bit. Bill puts his arm around her. I pout a little. Wendy walks up next to me.

"Little dude. You seem jealous." She tells me. I blush a little. The other two didn't hear her, luckily.

"Maybe a little.... not too much." I said.
———————————————————————————
Now that I think about it, Mabel and Bill are pretty close to one another. I seen it. They aren't in love with one another. Mabel and Pacifica hasn't see each other.....

They are hiding are hiding something. I get the feeling that I shouldn't know.... as if they are protecting me from it.

I want to keep a secret with Bill. I feel like Bill trusts Mabel more than me. Does he?

I walk into the TV room. Wendy was in Mabel's room, doing something. Mabel and Bill look up at me. I sigh a little.

"I have a question..." I said slowly. Mabel smiles at me.

"What is it?" Bill wonders. I make a bigger sigh.

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked. They both froze. Mabel's smile drops a little.

"What do you mean?" Mabel stutters a little. Then smiles.

"Why are you suddenly asking Pine tree?" Bill wonders. My heart aches when he calls me that in this situation.

"Your hiding something. I don't know that it is but I feel like it's two things." I explain. Mabel and Bill sighs.

"Told you he's not dumb. He's smarter than you thought. Well, we thought." Bill laughs.

"Anyways! Pacifica and I broke up." Mabel said. My heart stop for a bit. I came up to her and hugged her.

"Why?" I asked sadly. I feel that Mabel smiles and shakes her head. Indicating that she's doesn't wanna talk about it.