Happy Birthday Imagine

You stared at the beautiful display in front of you. The entire dining room was decorated with birthday decorations, each seat at the table having a specific gift for the person who normally sat there. In the middle of the table stood a cake baked by the lovely Grace Hargreeves herself with 7 candles on it. There was also a banner hanging from the ceiling that read "Happy Birthday Hargreeves!"

     It was all beautiful and had taken you a bit to set up. That ceiling is high man, not to mention the presents were a real hassle. You also had to get the entire family out of the house for about three hours and by now they probably were all about to kill each other. You had sent them all to an all-expenses paid amusement park trip to distract them whilst you had gotten everything else ready, so you were honestly terrified to see how they were when they got back.

Bang!

"WE'RE HOME!" You heard Diego yell. Your face grew a smile as you quickly ran to the door, dawning a party hat.

"Look at all the birthday children!" You squealed as you ran up and gave a group hug to the family. Luther had a gorilla backpack and the others were carrying part of all the stuffed animals Five and Diego had won in the shooting games, making it sort of difficult to get them all in there.

"How was the trip?" You asked, pulling away from the hug.

Klaus spoke up. "Awful. I didn't win anything and nearly got sick on a roller coaster."

"Yeah, well, mean while, Number Five and Diego cleared out an entire stand of stuffed animals." Allison added.

"Well it sounds like some of you had fun. And if you didn't, you will now, 'cause it's time for cake!"

The family happily followed you into the dining room, seeing the wonderful decorations along with Pogo and Grace standing there waiting for them.

Grace walked up and gave them all a hug as well.

"Happy Birthday children!" She sang, squeezing them close.

They hugged her back, each saying their own renditions of thank you.

Pogo smiled, pulling up a seat and sitting down at the table.

Everyone soon sat down at the table, placing on special umbrella printed party hats while Grace lit the candles. You picked up a camera, and took a photo of them smiling and laughing together in front of the gorgeous cake.

"You guys ready?" You hummed. They nodded and you counted them off.

"One, two, three; HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" You sang as they all blew out their candles, some more enthusiastically than others. You took another photo, chuckling to yourself as they all, began to cut slices of the cake and pig out. Even Five. You also had a slice, enjoying the lovely cake made by Grace.

Soon, it was time for presents. You placed each gift back in front of them and had them open them in order, going from Vanya to Luther. 

Vanya tore open the present, revealing a gorgeous violin case with her name carved into it, and inside her own personalized white violin with an umbrella on it.

"It took a while to get the thing fully designed, but it came out beautifully in my opinion!" You beamed, watching her stare at the gift in awe.

"Oh my god (Y/N), I love it!" She said, looking at you with admiration. She went back to examining the instrument and you got out the second box.

"This is for Ben." You said, matter-of-factly, much to the confusion of the siblings. You brought up a box and opened it, lifting out an old typewriter with paper already in it.

"This typewriter has been used as a way for spirits to communicate with the living with minimal to no effort, found it at a gypsy shop downtown."

Klaus looked it over and everyone was silent for a minute before hearing the click of keys. The typewriter was being used to type out one simple word: thanks.

You let out a breath of air you didn't know you were holding, relieved that it actually worked. The siblings, all except Klaus, stared in shock at the message before shaking it off and moving on. 

The box you handed Five was rather small and when he opened the package, you could tell he was a little more than disappointed. In the box were two t shirts that both said "I survived the apocalypse of 2019." He let out a chuckle before giving you a confused look.

"(Y/N), why are there two shirts?" He asked you. You smiled, before walking into the other room for a moment and walking out with an all too familiar mannequin in your arms. Five immediately warped over and took her from your arms. "Dolores!" He exclaimed.

He caressed the side of her face, gazing at her in a love struck phase.

"It took a lot of persuading for the department store to give me her, but she's here now, and that's all that matters."

Five looked up at you, his eyes welling with tears, before hugging you tightly. You were stunned for a moment, slowly returning it with a smile.

"Thank you!" He said softly into your shirt. You patted his back as he let go, gazing back at Dolores before going back to his seat.

You handed Klaus an envelope, which held a certificate saying he was an honorary member of the Veterans' bar down the street. He smiled, tearing up a bit.

"How?" He stuttered.

"I explained your situation to them and provided a little bit of evidence and they decided to let you in. It might not have been on the top of your list, but I thought it would be nice."

"This is amazing... so much better than nice!"

When you handed Allison her gift, she opened it revealing a small locket with her and Claire's initials along with photos of each. Allison smiled, putting on the necklace with a bright grin.

"I love it! Thank you (Y/N)."

"It was no big deal, Ally cat, no worries."

Diego had recieved a suitcase with many different pockets and areas to hold his knives and a place to sharpen them. You said it might be useful for night missions since he always wore that stupid suit. He smiled softly, eyes full of gratitude.

The last gift was given to Luther and that was a box of action figures, but not just any action figures. They were all figures of each of them now, every sibling, Grace, Pogo, you and even an urn for Reginald.  Each of the faces were smiling, looking genuinely happy to be there right now, and they were. Everyone was happy to be there. No more worries, no stress, just each other and a half-eaten birthday cake.

God you loved them.

~~~

Happy Birthday Hargreeves! I know this was basically just gift giving, but I really wanted to do something special for them and I kept thinking of these gifts so this is what I'm giving. Happy October 1st to you all and be expecting some more Halloween themed one shots and imagines soon!

This is also unedited so forgive my grammar and spelling mistakes!