{Ben} As Soon As Possible

This is dedicated to the lovely lizzieproductions3 who requested this one shot! This features a reader who is soulmates with Ben and is able to communicate with him by drawing on her skin.

~~~

     Finally, the day had arrived. The day you would be able to talk to your soulmate. Specifically, your 29th birthday. You had been waiting for this ever since your soul mate specialist told you the age you would be able to contact them. By now, all of your friends had gotten theirs and you were the only one who hadn't yet. It was really the only thing you could look forward to since you moved out of your parent's place into your new apartment.

     There you were, on the couch surrounded by unopened boxes, waiting for the clock to change to 12:00 am so you could finally send a message to them. The green letters on your digital clock were the only light in your dark living room. You weren't planning on turning on a lamp until you had to write. Plus it made the atmosphere suspenseful, which you found appropriate.

     Soon, the numbers on the clock changed to 12:00 am. You immediately threw down the clock and turned on the lamp, grabbed a pen on top of the box and sloppily scrawled a message on your wrist.

     Hello you wrote.

     You stared at your wrist for a good while. Nothing. A few more minutes. Still nothing.

     Just when you were about to just turn off the lamp and call it a night, you felt a bizarre tingling sensation on your wrist. You looked down to see a short message written in the neatest handwriting you've ever seen.

     Hi. I guess you're my soulmate?

     Your face went red. You didn't know why, either. Maybe it was because your true love had just spoken to you? Or maybe it was just because he had just blatantly stated you were his true love? The more you thought about it, the more you blushed.

     Yeah, I guess.

     Right. Well, I'm Ben. What's your name?

     Y/n.

     Cool. Do you have any hobbies.

     Just general stuff, like cooking, listening to music, reading, etc. You?

     Reading.

     What are your favorites?

     Call me cliche, but I'm a fan of H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King. Though I do enjoy an Agatha Christie every once and a while.

     A horror fan, I take it?

     You can say that.

     The conversation only grew from there as you both got familiar with one another, asking about past experiences and interests you both had. You only stopped when you couldn't keep your eyes opened anymore and said goodnight.

     Over time, you grew to love Ben. He was funny in his own way and a little sarcastic, but still a sweetheart. He talked fondly of his siblings, even though he did mention that they were sometimes a bit too much. He was oddly uncomfortable with talking about his parents, however, which you didn't pry, because it really was none of your business at the time. Overall, you loved him and he had stated himself that he loved you as well and it made you feel complete.

     The problem was that you lived hundreds of miles apart. The city that Ben resided in was nearly 6 states away and there was no easy way for you two to visit eachother. You could facetime, sure, but you both really wanted to see each other in person. Unfortunately, you were broke and he would never be able to see you without his family getting too involved.

     You found yourself lying in bed in the middle of the night, thinking over every possible solution to this problem when you heard a tap at the window. Odd. You sat up tiredly and looked toward the window to see the love of your life at the window. You felt a sudden rush of confusion and excitement hit you like a tsunami as you rushed over to the window and opened it, seeing his bright smile widen at the sight of you.

     "What are you doing here? It's 4:00 am!"

     "I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to meet you in person. I should've told you, I know, as you probably are going to be working or doing something with friends but half of my family was out of town so this was the perfect opportunity to surprise you and-"

     "Shhh..." you hushed, grabbing his hand.

     "I think this is the best way you could've done this, Ben. I'm thrilled you're here, and I'm actually not busy at all this week. Please, don't be so hard on yourself."

     You smiled, taking in Ben through every one of your senses, from the way he smelled like English breakfast tea to the soft palm of his hand being enveloped by your grip.

     You glanced at the clock, remembering once again how early in the morning it was.

     "Oh god, Ben, you must be exhausted. Come, you can sleep with me tonight."

     Ben smiled softly as you led him to the bed and got under the covers, snuggling up to the man you had longed to touch for so long.