ix. i'll never leave you

(I looked up the wedding stuff on google so I may not be correct XD)

June 2018

Nat's POV:

"Uh..." was all I could manage to blurt out. "Steve, I..."

"No, it's okay, it's fin-"

"Yes!" I yelled.

"Really?" he asked excitedly. He stood up and put his hands around my waist.

"Yes!" I said again and he kissed me for a long time.

I was smiling as big as I possibly could, and so was Steve. I've never seen him-or myself for that matter-so happy. We paid for dinner and left the restaurant. Since we came in different cars, we went back in different cars. We got back to the compound around the same time.

"I can't believe it. We're getting married!" I cheered.

"I know. I'm really happy!" Steve said cheerfully.

"I've never seen you this happy."

"Because I never have been."

I ran over to him and kissed him.

10 days later...

Steve's POV:

Was it too soon? Maybe, but we didn't want anything big. Just us and whatever friends were around. Since apparently you can do this online we got Rhodey to officiate for us, and Tony and Pepper are the guests. Natasha found a dress within the first few days of our engagement. It was so sudden but I felt more ready for this than anything in my life.

I was waiting for Natasha to walk down the 'aisle' we set up in the yard of the Avengers compound. Tony was standing nearby, and he cued FRIDAY to play the music. Natasha walked outside with Pepper. Natasha looked beautiful in her dress.

"Natasha, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks. So do you."

I laughed. Rhodey started speaking.

"Hi everyone." He said. "This is not a big wedding so I'll just skip to the important stuff. Do you guys have vows?" he asked.

"Does I love you count?" Natasha asked.

"Uh...no." Rhodey said.

"Then I don't have any. Steve?"

"No..." I said.

"Wow guys." Rhodey said.

"We decided all of this 10 days ago, you can't blame us."

We all started laughing.

"Hey, old man? Look, I'm sure time flies for you by now but we're not getting any younger over here." Tony said, chuckling.

I gave him a look.

"Right, ok then. You can exchange rings." Rhodey stated.

We exchanged rings.

"Do you, Natasha Romanoff, take Steve Rogers to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for as long as you shall live?"

"I do." Natasha said.

"Do you, Steve Rogers, take Natasha Romanoff to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for as long as you shall live?"

"I do." I said.

"By the power vested in me...by the internet...I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Nat's POV:

Steve gave me a soft kiss, then the five of us went back into the compound for the 'reception'. We used one of the rooms as a dancefloor. Tony was the DJ of course, playing songs that everyone but Steve knew. We had our first dance as husband and wife.

"See, you got the hang of it now." I said smiling.

"I guess so. Like you said, it's not that hard." Steve returned the smile.

I noticed Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey talking by the speakers.

"I'm glad we did this." I said.

"Me too."

Steve pulled me in closer.

"I'll never leave you, you know that right?" he said.

"I know."