xxv. passing time

MID-LATE JUNE

Bucky's POV:

It's weird without Natasha here, even though it's only for a little while. She usually helps me with Wanda's pregnancy stuff, and I could ask Steve, but he's been moping for a week. We have about 2 months before the baby is born, and Wanda needs more...everything every day.

Wanda's POV:

Ughhhh, I need Nat. She's like that big sister who has been through everything then helps you through it. Nat usually helps me through pregnancy stuff, and she helps Bucky too. Since she isn't here, neither of us really know what to do, so these two weeks so far haven't been pleasant for anyone.

Steve's POV:

This week so far has been horrible for everyone. Bucky and Wanda are a total mess, Emma isn't sad exactly, but she misses Nat, and I think I'm taking this the worst. I mean, come on, it's not like she's gone forever, she's on a mission, for two weeks. Knowing Nat, she'll come back without a scratch....right?

________________________________________________________________________________

That night...

Steve's POV:

It's cold in bed now, without Natasha here. She usually curls up right next to me, which warms me up. I don't know why I'm so...distraught, I guess. Everything is just cold, dark, and lonely without her. Is this how she felt when I was in the hospital? 

I try sleeping, it doesn't work. I was able to before I was with Nat, why can't I sleep now? I closed my eyes again, and I guess I had a nightmare, because I was tossing and turning, then I sat up, sweat and tears dripping down my cheeks. I looked at Nat's side of the bed. There was Emma, sitting up, sucking her thumb. She liked coming in here a lot.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine, honey." I lied. "I..I think I had a nightmare."

"Yeah, you were talking a lot, and youw cwying." 

"Give me a second, honey." I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, wiping my face with a towel. Emma waited patiently.

When I came out, Emma came up to me and hugged my legs

"Awe you okay now?" she asked.

"I'll be okay, Emma. I just miss your mommy."

"Me too."

"It's late, honey, why don't you go to bed?"

"Okay. Go-night daddy." she said, putting her thumb in her mouth and walked back to her room. I smiled and went back in bed, eventually falling asleep.