xxviii. hints

LATE JULY

Bucky's POV:

I decided to surprise Wanda, and build a house next door to the Rogers'. She knows there is a house being built next door, but she has no clue it's ours. Steve and Natasha keep saying that it's no problem that we stay with them, but I feel like they've done plenty for us, and I don't want us to take up all the extra space in their house. Especially with the baby, I don't want to overwhelm them. The house isn't much, it's similar to Steve and Nat's, I just wanted us to get our own place to raise the baby. Actually, the house is almost finished, and should be done in a few days. I just have to move the furniture in, which I hired a crew to do. 

It was around 9am,and I was standing in from of Steve and Nat's house when Wanda came to join me. My guess is that she just woke up, since she was in pajamas.

"The new house looks nice. I wonder who the neighbors are going to be." she said.

"Not sure, but I like the house too. How are you feeling, by the way?"

"I'm ok, just tired, you know. Usual." she said, faintly smiling. She put her hand on her stomach. "I'm so excited for the baby to come, I already love him or her with all of my heart."

"All of it? There's none left for me?" 

"Well of course! There's just plenty for you. It's like 90/10."

"The 90 for me?"

"Nope." I laughed.

"You wanna go out back?" I asked.

"Sure."

We walked through the house and to the lake behind it. I helped Wanda sit down in the grass and I sat next to her. It was nice, our time alone. Although we weren't with Steve, Nat, and Emma all of the time, we never really got to be alone, except for at night, and we sleep in separate beds, since our real bed is in the new house.

________________________________________________________________________________

A few days later....

Wanda's POV:

Bucky blindfolded me and he was taking me somewhere. 

"Are we getting in the car?" I asked. We had two cars, one was Steve and Nat, and the other one was ours. 

"If you want." he said. Even though I couldn't see, I could tell he was excited. This place shouldn't be very far since we may not have gotten in the car unless I suggested it. We drove for like 5 seconds and reached our destination. 

"Alright, we're here." he said, helping me out of the car. We walked for a bit, then he took off my blindfold. We were at the neighbor's house. I frowned.

"Why are we here? Haven't the neighbors moved in?"

"They're about to." Bucky grinned and took out keys from his pocket. He put a key in the door and unlocked it. At that moment, it fell into place.

"No! You didn't!" I squealed.

"But I did. You like it?"

"I love it!" If I wasn't pregnant, I would've jumped on him to give him a hug, but all I could do was awkwardly put my arm on his shoulder. "Can we go inside?"

"Of course, it's our house." he showed me around, the place was pretty similar to Nat and Steve's but it was smaller, and didn't have a guest room. There was even a nursery for the baby. It was all shades of blue and grey, and had accessories and decorations as if hinting that we were having a boy. We decided to keep it a surprise, though, or so I thought. I ran my hands on the crib.

"Is this hinting at something?" I asked.

"Maybe."

"Bucky..."

"Well, I went back to the doctor."

"And?"

"I checked if we were having a girl or a boy, only to decorate this room."

"I think I know the answer, but we're having.."

"A boy!"

"AWW, that's great!" this time I tried my best to jump and give him a hug, but obviously failed. "I love everything, thank you!!" I showered Bucky with kisses and we went to go enjoy our new home.

(prepare your reading glasses for the next one...I pre-wrote it yesterday...it's over 2700 words, but there's a lot going on so...grab some popcorn I guess. It's not that  interesting but popcorn tastes good so)