chp. 68

~y/n pov~

i tried to get home as fast as i could from the cafè i was at sonny. we had been trying to plan a hangout for a while now and the only time our schedules corresponded was today. so we decided to meet up this morning so i could be with my girlfriend the rest of the day. when she saw my phone light up with the notification that toby posted, she had to be nosey and picked it up to see what it was. of course she knows my password, i thought with an eye roll. i watched as she read something that made her eyes widen.

"oh shit, you should get home!" she said a little excited. i raised my eyebrow.

"i don't need to until 10."

she shook her head and handed me my phone to show me what she saw. "you need to go now," sonny smiled. my heart melted at tobin's caption. but i grew confused as to why the last sentence seemed urgent.

"are you sure?" i asked em. "i don't want it to seem like i'm bailing." she gave me a chuckle.

"no, no. it's fine. i'm basically kicking you out anyway." she motions to the door. "now shoo. go to your girl."

"okay, okay," i smiled. "smell ya later." i stood up and gave her a quick side hug in her chair.

"bye, be careful!!"

"i'll text you when i'm there." i waved my hand as a final goodbye and went through the door.

-

as i pull up to the driveway, i felt the same butterflies start to soar in my stomach since i met toby. i smiled to myself as i thought about how she still has the same affect on me.

after a few minutes of sitting in my car, and after i text emily i'm here, i decide to pull into the garage and head inside when i'm parked. after i drop my wallet and sweater on the counter, i head to the living room to see an obnoxious amount of candles and tobin in the middle of a huge heart made of rose peddles. i ignore my heart swelling and say, "you know this is a fire hazard, right?" all she did was laugh and went up to me to pull me towards the center of the heart. after she greeted me home, she went down on one knee, making my eyes widen.

"three and a half years ago, i met my best friend and other half. ever since then, i have been the person i have always wanted to be: happy, resilient, outgoing, and able to give unconditional love. you give me strengths i never knew i could have. you make me feel in ways i never knew were possible. being with you lifts me up into heights unknown. i never know what will happen next. loving you is extraordinary, magnificent, magical, eventful, and so many other things that make me want to love you for as long as i possibly can. i believe you are the one for me. so with that said," she pauses and brings out a ring box and opens it, exposing a beautiful flower shaped ring. "will you marry me?" she finishes and i nod my head quickly, causing her to get up and engulfs me in her embrace.

"yes. oh my gosh, yes." i breathe out. toby pulls her head back and connects our lips into an uplifting kiss, still hugging me tightly. she pulls away after a bit and looks me in my eyes.

"i love you." she expresses, her beautiful eyes glinting in the candlelight.

"and i love you," i respond in awe.

best day ever.

———————————————

a/n:

took toby's little speech off of my gif imagine book soooooo