chp. 80

~ alex's pov ~

when i sat down on the couch after i put down sophie for a nap, i hear lidsey yell outside.

"alex!"

my head shoots up at her urgent tone.

"aLEx!"

i snort at her voice crack and start to head outside. when i open the front door, i see mal looking at something on the other side of the car with her hand over her mouth. my eyebrows furrow as i walk around the vehicle, trying to get a better view of what's going on. my eyes widen at lindsey trying to pull tobin's limp body out of the car.

"what the fuck?" i yell.

"it's not what it looks like!" she frantically replies.

"what happened?" i ask, while looking around the street to make sure nobody is seeing this.

"we got to her house and i used y/n's key she gave me to go in. when we got in, she was asleep, so we decided to put her in the car before she could wake up-"

"that's still kidnapping," i slam the palm of my hand to my forehead.

"i know, i know. now shush and help, since mal isn't." she gives mal a glare, and she just shrugs.

"this could be a felony. i'm not trying to be an accomplice." mal's statement made me chuckle. i stepped forward to help lindsey.

"shut the fuck up. now, back to what i was saying," linds breathed out. "we got her in the car successfully. and i decided to go in the back with her, just in case she woke up. and she did," she paused as we finally got tobin out of the vehicle and set her down for a second. "and i kind of accidentally punched her in the face on reflex." i stared at her in disbelief. "what? she scared me." i shook my head.

we picked up tobin and started to head towards the house. mal held the door open as we walked in. when we put tobin on the couch, i hear y/n yell.

"what's going on? i've been in here for hours and i'm hungry!" she exaggerates.

lindsey's head snaps to me. "you didn't feed her?"

"how could i? push a tray of grub through a slot?" i let out a laugh. "this isn't a prison."

lindsey just rolls her eyes at me. "okay, okay. i get it. it's a bad plan."

"if you even call it a plan," mal scoffs and hides in the their bedroom. "don't ask me for nothing. i'm taking care of sophie," she calls out before she closes the door. i just shake my head at her antics and give my attention to tobin.

"what the hell we gonnna do now?" i ask, defeated.

before lindsey could answer, tobin shot up off the back of the couch with a big gasp, scaring us to death. we let out a scream, causing tobin to give us a confused look. the expression quickly turns into a glare after she figures out what's happening.

"what the shit?" she looks around. "did you seriously kidnap me?"

"i didn't," i spoke up quickly and point at lindsey. "she did."

lindsey was interrupted again by y/n yelling at us. "bro! what the hell is going on? is this some kind of sick joke?"

at the sound of y/n's voice, tobin shot us a glare. "what is going on?"

"okay, please don't freak out," lindsey started. "we just want you to be on good terms."

"yeah, no," tobin stood up. "i'm out." she tried to head towards the front door, but i pushed her back down on the couch.

"at least try to talk to her? tell her how you feel?" i try to negotiate. "you really hurt her, tobs." her head dropped at my statement.

"i know," she frowned. she stayed silent for a few moments before she spoke again. "alright, but if i don't like what i hear, i'm leaving."

"okay!" lindsey darted up from her crouching position and pulled tobin up and towards the guest bedroom.

"don't you dare lock me in there," tobin says as lindsey unlocks the door. linds nods her head.

"i promise!" she says in a song-song voice, clearly lying. lindsey pushes tobin inside and hurriedly closed the door. she locked it and turned around. "alright, it should take like ten minutes."

i nod my head in agreement and turn on the tv. "wanna watch drag race?"

———————————————————

a/n:

sorry this is taking so long. i'm at my grandparents' farm and there's barely any service out here😓

next chapter should be when y'all make up. it'll probably be pretty long bc i wanna add a lot of fluff.