chp. 79

~ alex pov ~

i shake my head in disapproval at lindsey's so called 'plan.'

"what?" she asks, wondering why i'm saying no.

"that's stupid," i deadpan.

"no, it's not," she scoffs. she looks to mal for assistance to persuade me into it.

"babe, she's right." mal counters. "i mean, i would expect that from kelley or ashlyn, but not you." mal chuckles and lindsey's jaw opens slightly, then a frown appears.

"it's not stupid." her frown grows.

"uhm, yeah, it is." i laugh slightly. "we are not going to chloroform and kidnap tobin, and lock her in a room with y/n."

lindsey lazily crosses her arms over her chest and leans back on the park bench. the silence barely lasts, as lindsey perks up from what seems like an idea.

"then we'll trick her into coming here." she negotiates. "i can say i need her help with something the the house, or something."

mal and i share a look again, contemplating her idea. she nods her head once, telling me she agrees, and we both turn to look at lindsey simultaneously.

"okay," i breath out. "i guess that'll do." she smiles and opens her mouth to say something, but i raise my hand to stop her. "but if it turns into them loudly doing it, i'm leaving."

"trust me," mal speaks up. "we'll all leave."

all three of us giggle and talk for about twenty more minutes until y/n comes walking back with sophia.

"she's ready to go back," y/n says. i nod my head and give my attention to my daughter.

"are you hungry? or need to go potty?"

i watch as she thinks for a moment. "can we get ice cweam?" before i could decline, she speaks again. "then i could go potty at the shop and you wooh-dent have to woh-wy." lindsey and mal laugh as y/n and i raise an eyebrow. y/n let's out a hum.

"she's good." i turn to see a smile on her face and i laugh.

"okay, sweetie." i get off the bench and pick her up. "we can do that." she giggles and bounces up and down excitedly.

"tank you, mommy!" sophia wraps me in a tight hug. "you da bestest." her mumbled words make my heart swell and i hug her back.

-

"wait, so what am i supposed to do in here?" y/n furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"i don't know, figure it out," lindsey says hurriedly, too nervous to come up with a believable excuse.

"wha-"

before y/n could finish what she was saying, lindsey slammed the guest bedroom door in her face and locked it from the outside quickly. i quirk up an eyebrow as she turns around to look at mal and i with a frantic expression.

"crap."

"you so messed up," mal laughed, causing her girlfriend to frown.

"it's okay, linds." i try to calm her. "we'll figure it out as we go."

she just nods once and gives me a small smile.

"well, let's go get tobin," mal whispers to linds, just to make sure y/n wouldn't hear. she gets up and heads towards the front door. before she stepped out of the house, lindsey turned to me one more time.

"you best take good care of mal's baby." she looks pointedly at me. i raise my eyebrows at her stern manner.

"she's my daughter."

"and she's mal's sunshine. which means she's my sunshine, too."

"whatever," i chuckle. "now, go. we need to bring our ship back to port."

lindsey slightly laughs and finally walks out the door after she gives me a short wave.

——————————

a/n:

sorry that i've been M.I.A. a girl got a lot of things going on, but i should update again tomorrow or sunday.

happy valentine's day to those of you who like that sort of thing.

i hope you're all doing okay. i love you guys!!❤️❤️

(ps. i was thinking about writing a christen press fic. thoughts?)