chp. 75

~ y/n's pov ~

it's been a month since tobin proposed and to say our relationship blossomed more and got a little more heated up is an understatement. a few days ago i started going back to my regular schedule of dance rehearsals and classes so i can do something special for her. i just want to show her how much she means to me and how i'm so grateful for her existence. so, i've teamed up with an old friend of mine, nadia, to figure out what exactly i'm going to preform for her. whether is going to be slow and cute, or upbeat and sensual. or even a mixture between both. i'm still having trouble figuring it all out so i'm just going with the flow and hanging out in the old studio i used to go to as much as i can.

i didn't notice how much i actually missed dancing until i stepped in the room and saw my reflection on the wall in front of me the first day. everything i felt in the years i spent in this building came crashing into me last week. the adrenaline, the dehydration, the joy and heartbreak. i honestly just missed it all.

at first the feelings overwhelmed me and i could barely do anything with my menstruating ass. now, i'm back and ready to kick the shit out of this dance. when i walked in, nadia was already stretching in front of the mirror. i set my things down in a cubby and walked up next to her and began stretching, too.

"so you ready to kick some ass?" she asked ecstatic and i smiled. i turned my back to her and spread my legs, lowering myself between them, my arms falling like curtains by my sides. i dropped my head down enough to be able to look at her through my legs.

"fuck yeah, my dude."

she starts laughing at my action and i stand up, straightening myself. i face her again and start stretching my arms and shoulders.

"so, have you decided yet?" nadia asked expectantly.

"no, dia. i have not," i sigh. she groans and i roll my eyes at her. "you know how i am. i want it to be perfect but i don't even know where to start."

"yeah, yeah. i know," she breathes. "how about we just pick a song first and then go from there?"

"okay, yeah. sounds good," i agree.

we spent about half an hour surfing through countless playlists in my spotify trying to find a song i would think was right. after what seemed like eternity, i finally settled on 'new balance' by jhene aiko. it describes how i feel about toby perfectly and i already have an idea about the choreography.

"okay. this sounds tight," nadia said, already moving her body to the song when i played it. i smiled and nodded, thinking of what to do. i'm brought out of my thoughts by my ringtone ringing loudly through the speakers, making nadia jump from the unexpected tone. i chuckle as i read tobin's name on the screen and i disconnect my phone to pick up the call.

"hey, baby," i exclaim.

"hi, my love. i was just wondering how you're doing."

my stomach erupts with butterflies - as it usually does - and i walk to the back of the room to sit. "i'm great. just about to dance my little heart out."

i hear her giggle. "well, alright. if you need anything just let me know. i love you, pooka."

" thanks, toby. i love you, too."

she blows a kiss and hangs up, leaving me in a blissful state.

"wow," nadia stands in front of me. "she really did a number on you. you are whipped."

"oh, shut up." i stand back up. "let's dance." i connect my phone to the speakers again and start dancing. nadia follows closely behind me.

~

*four days later*

i walk into the studio ready to practice the choreography i came up with, but i walk into the gaze of about two dozen people.

"uh, hello?" i say uncomfortably, still standing in front of the door, gripping onto the strap of my bag tightly.

"wassup, bitch?" nadia emerges from the pool of unfamiliar beings.

"w- what's uhm, what's going on here?" i look to her.

"oh, right! i'm sorry. i guess i forgot to tell you." she palms herself on the forehead in a playful manner. "i do actually have a class today and was wondering if you could preform your little dance and you know, show them how fucking amazing you are?" i hear everyone 'whoop' in anticipation, making me smile.

"well okay," i laugh. "but i need a little bit of room." i start to shoo away some students playfully, making them giggle and scoot back. "alright." i throw my bag to into an empty cubby and my phone to nadia. "hit it."

get in position and hear the music start playing.

here we go.

~

after i finish in the studio, i start heading home. the entire way i had the song stuck in my head. i couldn't help but smile at how accurate it is. man i fucking love her.

when i finally get to the house, i sit in the driveway for a bit, then finally decide to head into the garage. after i get out of my civic, tobin opens the garage door with a big smile.

"hi, pooka!" she exclaims with excitement.

"hey, lovie." i chuckle at her antics.

"how was everything?"

"great as always." i give her a peck and she lets me in. once i step into the kitchen, a sense of filth came over me and i groan. "ugh, i need to take a shower."

i hear tobin laugh. "yeah. you big stinky." i watch as she playfully pinched her nose and i gasp.

"oh shut up." i respond and head to the bathroom. "i'll be back."

"okay. hurry up so we can cuddle!" toby yells from the living room.

"BIG BET!" i scream. i could hear her jump frightfully from my sudden outburst. i laugh and start the water to the shower.

~ tobin's pov ~

i shake my head when i hear the water run and sit on the couch. i turn on the tv to find an episode of spongebob playing and silently cheer.

near the end of the episode, i hear my phone chime on the coffee table and the water stops running from the bathroom. i pick it up to see youtube giving me a suggested video with what looks like an old dance routine of y/n's. with curiosity, i mute the tv and click on the notification, which takes me to the video straight away. but i quickly get confused when i see that she's wearing the exact same outfit that she wore today.

"what the hell?" i keep watching, then i hear footsteps coming towards me. "babe, what's this?" i ask y/n, showing the video and her eyes widen.

"are you kidding me?" she expresses aggravated. "you weren't supposed to see that. but i guess nadia was recording." she frowns.

"what do you mean?"

"i wanted to preform this to you tomorrow since we both weren't doing anything. it was supposed to show you how much i care for you."

"awh, baby," i bring her into a hug and rub her back, making her relax. "you're so sweet." she pulls away after a few seconds.

"yeah, but now it's ruined," she frowns.

"no, no. not really," i reassure. "i didn't watch all of it." the gives me a small smile. "so, why don't you just do it now?" her smile grows and she nods. she opens her phone to find a song and hands it to me when it pops up. i sit back as she moves the coffee table out of the way. then she sets herself in front of me and points at me to play the tune. i press the button with a small smile and watch intently.

she's so beautiful.