chp. 81

~ your pov ~

i walk out of the bathroom after taking a fat shit expecting to see the the door open since i heard it, but i freeze when i see tobin with a dumbfounded look just staring at the door. she raises her hands and plops them back down to her sides in a defeated manner and slowly turns around.

"fucking childre-" she cuts herself off when she sees me. "oh, uh, hi."

"hi?" i tilt my head in confusion, trying so desperately not to run into her arms. we stare at each other for a few moments, then tobin awkwardly clears her throat and motions to sit down. we both go and sit on the edge of the bed that i've been sitting on all day. she speaks up first.

"so..." she pauses. "lindsey kidnapped me."

my face contorts into and even more proclaimed expression of confusion. "what?"

"yeah. while i was sleeping," she pauses again, avoiding eye contact. "i guess that's the only reason i'm here."

my heart sunk at her confession and tears started to gather up in my eyes. was she really that mad at me?

"oh," i look down and curse myself at how i let my voice crack.

"i'm sorry. that was insensitive."

i just nod in response. a few moments pass by and i feel a hand softly press against mine.

"hey," she says. i give her a quick glance and look back down. "i'm sorry. i know i really hurt you. and the fact that i didn't respond to your messages made it worse. i know i was being a dumb bitch." she let out a small laugh. i almost cracked a small smile at how cute she sounded. i pushed her hand off of mine and stood up, feeling her eyes following my every move. i turn to her after a few seconds to see her in the same position, just staring. my hardened expression softens just a tad at how she's looking at me.

~ tobin's pov ~

seeing her eyes filled with hurt makes my heart break. i hate that i did that. right after i let out a sigh,  y/n speaks up.

"look," she pauses. "it's really great to see you. i almost jumped onto you when i saw your stupid, adorable face..." i gulp at her stern face and nod for her to go on. "but, that doesn't mean i can just forget everything and run back to you like nothing happened."

"i know," i whisper and look down for a few seconds. i look back up to meet her beautiful eyes. "i shouldn't have treated you like that. and i know this isn't quite an acceptable excuse, but i was stressed. i shouldn't have taken all of that stress and frustration out on you. it's unacceptable. i should have talked it out with you. and i know i haven't been all there. i'm sorry for zoning out and forgetting everything." my eyes start to gloss over as my chest begins to feel tighter. she nods at me and moves back a little after seeing me all choked up. i let out a shaky breath and stand up.

i cautiously moved towards her, making sure to read her body language. i didn't want her to be uncomfortable. when i'm in front of her, i see her eyes close tightly, like she's holding back from doing something. i slowly put out my hands to grasp hers gently. once they come in contact, she lets out the air she was holding in her lungs and opens her eyes, easing at my touch. her eyebrows furrow and she tilts her head. i slightly smile and speak again.

"that won't ever happen again. i can't bare knowing i hurt you. the reason i didn't answer was because i was scared i would do it again. i just want you to be happy." i say every word while looking straight into her eyes, so she knows i'm telling the truth. her expression softens fully at my confession and brings me into a strong embrace.

"you make me happy, tobs," she says into my neck. "you always will."

i nod slightly and ease into her, hugging her back just as tightly. "i'm sorry," i whisper out.

"i know," she whispers back. "me, too."

we hug for a few more moments, then pull away. we stare at each other intently when our eyes meet. i see her smile for what seems like the first time in forever, making my heart jump.

"i love you."

i smile just as big, while a tear finally escapes and rolls down my cheek. "i love you, too."

-

Liked by tobinspooka, normani, kelleyohara, allie_long_, uswnt and 78,825 others

tobinheath: sweets for my sweets 💗 (tagged: @tobinspooka)

View all 36,752 comments

kelleyohara: finalllyyyyy😩😩

allie_long_: my otp💞

alexmorgan13: lindsey's stupid plan worked🥺

christenpress: good. i can't stand it when you guys are apart 😭

normani: ^^^^

tobinspooka: ☺️💗

uswnt: our ship has sailed again

lindseyhoran10: my work is done😌

malpugh: it was definitely an experience💀 @alexmorgan13

carlilloyd: i will now stop crying

—————————————————————

a/n:

not as long as i wanted it, but oh well. i hope you like it :)