Counting

⚠️TW: Eating Disorder⚠️

Betty's PoV

98lbs.

Shit why. It isn't low enough. I swear it is wrong. It has said that for the last 2 days. The mirror has to be lying I aren't that fat. I know I aren't. The voice is true. I shouldn't have eaten at breakfast.

I should of ignored the pain. I am in control of this so how come it doesn't feel that way. I can stop, but I don't want to.

Like Cheryl said I am too Season 5 Betty Draper.

Jug will leave me, I know it. Toni was all on him today and her body is perfect. I can't lose Jug I can't.

Jughead's PoV

*lunch*

"Hey baby" I said as I sat down next to Betty as I pressed a kiss to her head.

"Hi Jug" She said less cheery than normal.

I glanced to see that she had no lunch.

"Where is your food baby?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"Oh I-I forgot my lunch money, no biggie" She said smiling again.

"Here have some of mine" I said pushing my lunch tray towards her.

"O-okay" She said, taking a mouthful.
"Oh shoot I have to go to training. I'll see you soon." She said as she looked at her watch.

"Okay baby, meet me in the blue and gold after school."

I needed to know what was going on with her. If she had training shouldn't Veronica be going with her.

Betty's PoV

I left Jug at the table and ran into the bathroom as fast as I can, on the way Cheryl stopped me.

"Betty, did you eat lunch you seem a bit... plump"

I just shoved past her. She was right I should of just not eaten.

I got to the bathroom and shoved my fingers down my throat. I dried heaved for about a minute before deciding that was enough to put my mind to rest.

*blue and gold*

"Hey Betts" Jug said kissing my head.

"Hey..." I felt my body sway as I travelled towards the ground. It was happening like a car crash in slow motion. Nothing could prevent it.

Jughead's PoV

"Hey Betts" I said kissing a kiss to Betty's head. She loved it when I did that.

"Hey...." She wavered on her feet before collapsing to the floor. I caught her slightly but she just fell.

"BETTY?!" I said trying to shake her awake.

I quickly grabbed my phone out my pocket and diled 911.

"Hello, my girlfriend just passed out I need an ambulance at Riverdale High" I said into the phone.

"Sir, an ambulance is coming stay calm."

I picked Betty up and cradled her in ny arms as unwanted tears fell down my face.

Shortly the ambulance arrived, taking Betty out my arms and onto a stretcher.

I drove to the hospital, nearly breaking every law there was. My baby was hurt, how could I be calm?

When I arrived I ran to the nurse's desk.

"Do you know which room Elizabeth Cooper is in?"

"She is still being tested on. The doctor should be out soon to inform you soon. Please take a seat."

"Thankyou ever so much"

I sat in the chair and waited. I decided I will ring the others when I know Betty was definitely ok. I didn't want them waiting anxiously like I was.

"Family of Elizabeth Cooper?" A doctor approached.

"I aren't family but she is my girlfriend. I was the one that rung the ambulance. Please tell me how she is" I said all but begging.

"Fair enough but we will need to tell family later. Elizabeth had looked to have an eating disorder. She showed symptoms like swollen salivary glands plus she was 98lbs which indicates bulimia as that is an unhealthy weight for a 16 year old girl. We have put a feeding tube in and we have her on a drip."

A silent tear trickled down my cheek. How didn't I know she was struggling.

"C-can I see her?" I said stuttering out.

All of a sudden a nurse came running towards us.

"Are you Jughead Jones?"

"Yes I am, why?"

"She had been requesting to see you, if you would like to follow me I can show you her room"

"Thankyou sir" I said as I followed the nurse and headed away from the doctor.

"Here she is" The nurse opened the door for me.

"Thanks"

I looked down to see my beautiful Betty looking lifeless and gaunt. She was hooked up to the drip and had a feeding tube down her nose. Tears where streaming down her face as she looked out the window at the grey sky.

"Betts?" She didn't look at me.

"Betty?" I said a little louder trying to get her attention.

"I'm sorry" She squeaked out barely audible. As she finished she turned her red rimmed eyes to look at me.

"Oh Betts" I said clambering over to her bed engulfing her small frame in my arms.

"Why?" I breathed out.

"I-I don't know. I guess Cheryl just bothered me way too much. And it made me realise that I aren't p-perfect enough for anybody. I-I didn't want all of you to l-leave me. It's stupid but my weight was the only thing I could c-control." She said sobbing into her hands.

"Betty" I grabbed her hands. "You are perfect for me and all your friends. Fuck Cheryl she is just jealous. But baby you could have talked to me about it. I will never leave you, you are stuck with me now forever" I said while she let out a watery chuckle.

"Just promise me this won't happen again. I was so worried when you collapsed in the blue and gold. Just please don't slip back into this. If you won't do it for youself. Please. Please do it for me"

"I think I will be able to but only if your by my side. Do you still love me?"

"I don't think I could ever stop loving you, Betty Cooper" I said as I placed a kiss to her head.

Narrator's PoV

And from that day onwards Betty stuck by her promise, she didn't slip back into bulimia. But only because Jughead was by her side. As he said he could never stop loving her and you do everything for the one you love.

(A/N: sorry this is a couple days late. I have been very busy. This was requested by user50906314. I hope you like it. We are nearly at 1k reads I can't thank you enough for all of your support. Love you all Xx💕💫)