Sick Day

Narrator's PoV

It was a Tuesday morning when Jughead Jones got sick with a classic illness. Was it the Twilight Drive Inn's lack of heating? Or was it some germs a kid has passed onto him? We will never know, but Jughead Jones was ill.

He had always prided himself for having a good immune system  but life wasn't nice to him lately.

It didn't take Betty long to notice either.

Jughead's PoV

5:45am

I groaned as my alarm blared in my ears. It didn't take me long to realise that I had a splitting headache.

Great I was sick.

I rose out my cot and grapped my essentials and clothes and made my way to the gas station across the road. I would normally get washed in there.

I wiped my nose as I stumbled there.
My muscles ached and tore with every movement.

Once I finished, huge coughs racked my body.

I picked up my bag and started the painful treck to school.

Betty's PoV

"Hi Juggie"

"Hi Betty" He said facing his locker.

I turned him around to see his face but I gasped at what I saw.

His cheeks were flushed with fever. His hair was a mess. And his eye bags looked more like bruises against his porcelain skin.

I pressed the back of my hand to his forehead. He was boiling.

"Jughead, go home you are clearly ill"

"Betty I am fine. See?" He said while spreading a grin across his face.

I could tell he wasn't well but Jughead Jones was an arrogant one.

"Fine, but if you aren't better by lunch you are going home"

"Mkay" He muttered while yacking harshly into his elbow.

Throughout the lessons I could't help but hear violent coughs echo through his body. He looked in pain after every single one. It honestly scared me.

Jughead's PoV

I sat at the table waiting for the others  when Betty came over.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good" I lied.

"Jughead, go home!"

"No"

"I will drag you by the ear there if you don't go now"

I couldn't risk Betty finding out my living arrangement so I reluctantly agreed.

"Fine, can you just sign me out" I said picking up my bag.

"Alright, love you"

"Love you too"

After 30 minutes of walking, I finally ended up at the drive in.

I quickly saw the manager coming out of the projection room with an angry look on his face. No. No. No. No.  Could this day get any worse? And to top it off he looked pissed.

He saw me and came angrily marching over to me with my bag tightly in his left hand.

"JUGHEAD!"

"Yes sir" I said quietly.

He slung my bag at my feet.

"I don't know what you are doing in there, but I payed you to work not sleep. You're fired!" He screamed at me.

My bottom lip trembled.

"O-okay. I'm sorry." I said quietly turning away from him and wiping a few tears. I should be able to say I am used to it. I mean my dad kicked me out, I knew one day this would come crashing down too. I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

I bent down to pick up my bag. While giving a side smile at my manager while he just stood there nodding.

"See you around"

He just started walking off before I got to half way across the parking bays and just collapsed into a heap of sobs. Why was I dealt with such a bad life? Why me?

I slowly rose to my feet again starting my journey to Pop's. I was waiting for another pay check this week as my money from last month was slowly running out. But there was no chance in that happening now.

Pop gave me a cheery smile and sent a waitress over to my table.

"What would you like to order?" She asked me politely.

"Just a water please" I knew I didn't have much money so I wanted to wait till it was absolutely necessary.

"Okay I'll be right back"

I saw Pop looking at me skeptically before dialing the phone.

Ten minutes later I was still just sat writing down possible places to sleep for the night. When my blonde beauty came throught the door.

"Hi Juggie, whatcha you doing?"

"Just..... writing"

"Care for me to look"

"N-" I was cut off when she took the paper from out infront of me.

"Why are these written down? Jughead your scaring me, why is there various homeless shelters wrote on this list?"

"I, erm- I needed a place to sleep tonight and I was noting down possible places for me to go." It all came out in a ramble. A ramble he didn't want to say. It was then just on queue an onslaught of spluttering coughs came out.

"Come on..." She said holding out her hand.

"Betty-"

"No, don't 'Betty' me. You are coming home with me so I can properly take care off you. Then you will stay at Archie's once you are well"

"What about your mom and dad?"

"They are at a jornalism convention for the next week and Archie will have no problem with you staying there. So lets go pick up your stuff from your Dad's and lets go"

"Betty- I haven't been staying at my dad's. This is my stuff, I said gesturing to the hefty backpack next to me."

"Well, where were you staying and why didn't you pack more?"

"I was staying at the drive inn but plans fell through as I got fired about an hour ago. And I didn't pack, my dad did. Decided one day he didn't want me there after mom and Jelly left and packed my bag and when I came home he chucked it at my feet and told me to leave, that he didn't want me living in the trailer a-anymore" I said my voice breaking towards the end.

She engulfed me in her arms and cradled the back of my head while my head buried in her neck. My heat radiating off her.

"I'm so sorry, Jug. Let's go back to mine. Okay?"

"Okay"

We walked home. And lets just say I was back to healthy in no time. I was staying with Archie so let's just say my life was near perfect because I had the love of my life guiding me through it + Archie.

(A/N: Hiya! Here is a chapter I was wanting to write for a while. Thankyou for over 1k reads. I am really happy about that. Please leave suggestions in the comments and I will do all! Love you all Xx💫💕)