Leaving- (prequel to sick day)

Jughead's PoV

Sometimes I wish mom didn't leave me. Sometimes I wish my baby sister Jellybean stayed with us. Sometimes I wonder why my mom didn't take me.

I remember the memory vividly.

~flashback~

I unlocked the door immediately hearing shouting. But not like normal. This was screaming. I sprung to the kitchen where it was coming from only too see my mother, one hand holding Jellybean's hand and the other holding a suitcase and a bag slung across her shoulder. My dad was screaming at her while slurring all his words together.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US!" Fp shouted.

"I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU ANYMORE!" She screamed back.

"WHAT'S HAVE I DONE WRONG. WHY IS JUGHEAD STAYING HERE?!" He shouted gesturing around the room, oblivious to my presence.

"Fp you messed up so you get that acc-" She retorted

"Mom" I squeaked out. Not wanting to hear her finish the sentence. I knew I wasn't wanted. I was always an outcast at school but I was at home too. My parents always tended to Jellybean first. Sometimes they forgot to feed me hoping I would go out to get food so they could pretend I didn't exist. Once on the way home, I was jumped and they didn't even know I wasn't home till the hospital called them and told them I had layed on the sidewalk all night till someone called an ambulance. Even then they didn't care. So to hear my mom almost admitt I was an accident weirdly came as a shock.

"Jughead-"

"You're leaving, aren't you?" I interrupted

"Yes. I'll be back soon but your father needs to sort some things out." She explained.

"Huggie Juggie" Jellybean said while making grabby hands at me so I took her from my mom's grasp and gave her the biggest hug. Tears dripped down my face as I knew this would be our last goodbye for a while or perhaps forever. Who knew?

"Okay we have to go now. I love you Jughead" She spoke softly while carresing my cheek with her palm.

No you don't. I thought

"I love you too" Her hand dropped from my cheek and she just walked out the front door.

I turned to my dad and he was red with rage. All of a sudden a glass beer bottle was thrown towards me. Sending a mix of the sticky alchoholic drink and blood trickling down my arm.

"IT'S YOUR FUCKING FAULT THEY LEFT YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT?" I knew my dad was to get violent when he was drunk but he was furious.

I cleaned myself up and went to bed that night afraid for Jellybean, who would probably forget me. Mom, who didn't want me and dad, for having to keep me.

I went to school the next day and returned late trying to avoid my father. Thinking he was at the Wyrm I walked in the trailer care free. Only to see him stood there.

He chucked a bag at my feet. "Get out! Find somewhere to sleep from now. I don't want you living here anymore" He barked at me.

I slowly picked it up and left without a word. Like I said I knew they didn't want me so what was easier to pretend I aren't there, is to actually kick me out so I wasn't.

Perhaps Jellybean and Mom would come home now I was gone. That was probably the reason they left.

~end of flashback~

So I sit in the projection room of the Twilight Drive-In. Wallowing in self pity and memories.

(A/N: Hi! Two stories in a week, I am on a roll. So this was a prequel to sick day. So this is the back story to Jughead living at the drive-inn. Not going to lie I really had fun writing this chapter. So I hoped you like it. Love you all Xx💕💫)