Secret Confession

Betty's Pov

Confession.

Confession?!

I was looking through the box Charles brought back from Stonewall Prep, when I found it. Ok this could be good evidence against the stonies. Maybe this is a confession to what they did to Jughead. Honeslty I wouldn't have thought the evidence against their whole plan would be this easy to find. But I mean I aren't complaining either. The more evidence, the stronger of the case I can have against them. I stood up and walked over to the TV.

I placed the tape in the family TV. At first I didn't see anything till I saw Brett, Donna, Joan, Jonathan and Jughead?! sat in a dark basement looking place. Ok as much as I like seeing his face. I was not expecting him to be in this tape. I kept watching.

The tape skipped randomly. Like it had been cut.

""We'll tell you ours first" I heard Donna say.

"When I was 13...my uncle made a pass at me, and when I told my mom, she didn't believe me" I looked at the screen in shock. Her uncle did what?!

"And that's...when I started cutting myself." I saw her sleeve roll up however couldn't see any cuts but judging from Jughead's face on the camera it wasn't good.

Donna then passed something to Brett that looked to be a skull.

"When i was 14..." Bretts voice sounded through the screen.

"My father got me a hooker and said 'now it's your time to be a man' I cried the whole time I was with her." I felt bad for Brett and Donna for the first time. I really did.

"But I never...told my father because the truth is, I was afraid he'd kill me.
For real" I was mortified with the words he was saying. It was almost like it wasn't Brett saying them. These were things clearly that he didn't want anyone to know, so why was he saying them. Unless it was like a secret confession of some sort?

I saw Brett hold his hand out with the skull placed in it. Jughead hesitantly grabbed it. I should've turned it off but I couldn't. I would know the secret anyway, surely.

"I used to be homeless." Jughead said. What? Jughead used to be homeless?

"And I would crash underneath this bridge by the dock on the southside.
It was kind of a rough place.
There was this one guy named Doc.
He would stay up all night just to make sure the junkies didn't mess with me." I smiled at the thought that at least he had someone looking after him. Where the hell was FP? Or his mom?

"Then one day.... these drunken businessmen who heard about our little shantytown, they found Doc...they beat the life out of him.
I didn't move. I didn't say anything.
And I watched. I just watched it." I didn't realise I was crying till I heard my own muffled cries.

"It's probably my greatest shame. I've never even told that story...
Not even to Betty." I turned off the TV not bothering to hear Joan and Jonathan's secrets, and ran up the staircase in distraught.

My face hit my pillow as heavy sobs made their way through my body. Why didn't he tell me? I told him everything? How long had it gone on for? Where was his family when he was living on the streets? The thoughts made my cry harder. It even made my angry. Not with him but for all the people that have let him down. All of a sudden I hear the front door open and close. With his voice ringing out.

"Hello? Anybody home?" I sprinted down the stairs.

Jughead's PoV

"Hello? Anybody home?" I just came home from meeting Archie to work on an assignment when I hear footsteps walking swiftly down the stairs. Immediately knowing they were Betty's.