Bruises-Part 2

⚠️TW: Mentions of Abuse⚠️

Jughead's PoV

I felt the hot water run down my body as it stung the cuts on my back. The bruises seemed to relaxed from throbbing under the warm temperature. My mind faded into a blank yet trauma filled abyss. I could have told someone when it started. I could have stopped it from getting to this point. I could have-

No.

I caught myself in my thoughts. He did this. No matter how many hatred filled words got spat at me or backhands I got. I made the promise that, no matter how bad it got, I wouldn't blame myself. This wasn't my fault.

Yeah sometimes I come home a couple minutes past curfew but I like to think I'm not a bad person. Archie has done way worse and I have seen how his dad has reacted. So maybe my father is the bad person.

*knock knock*

"Jughead, dinner will be ready in 5" Alice's voice sounded.

"Thankyou!" I shouted back through the door.

I quickly hopped out of the shower and wrapped myself up in a warm towel and continued to put on some clean clothes that Alice layed out for me from Hal's draw.

I made my way downstairs to see a table full of food. My eyes filled with excitement.

"Choose whatever you want. I'm going to shout down Betty" Alice said.

"Thankyou so much. How can I ever repay you?"

"Nonsense just eat up. It's my pleasure"

I slowly started to eat the food. Making sure to saviour the flavour. I haven't had something this good in years.

I heard Betty come rushing down the stairs towards the dining table.

"Jug?" She asked in disbelief.

"Hey Betty" I said nervously.

"How come your here?" She asked curiously but with an upbeat tone.

I shrugged not wanting to talk about it, which immediately tugged on my bruised ribs making me wince.

"Woah, are you ok?" She asked coming to my side and placing her hand on my shoulder.

Alice quickly came over. "Jughead will be staying with us from now on." She said while looking between me and Betty.

"Is everything ok?" Betty asked. I could already tell she was going to be a great journalist.

"Yes, he has just run into a bit of trouble at home and I'd think it would be best if he lived with us. Now sit and eat"

Throughout the meal. My ribs kept acheing and it only seemed to get worse. Alice seemed to notice as at the end of the meal she came to me when I was getting up.

"Hun, I think we should go to the hospital you seem in a lot of pain. I think we should make sure if anything is broken."

The idea of that frightened me.

"I-I can't go to hospital. I don't have any insurance and then they'll ring my d-dad which means they'll either send me back to live with him or I'll get put into c-care" I started to shake. I don't think I'd survive either way.

"Look I'm fine" I said picking up the plates and walking to the sink to get washing them up. When suddenly my arm swung and hit a glass making it shatter and fall.

I quickly started to panic. I always mess things up. I crumble to the ground sobbing into by hands.

Alice quickly rushed over to me and placed her hands on either side of my shoulders. "Hey, listen to me. Breathe. Yeah that's it breathe with me."

Alice's PoV

"I'm sorry Alice. I've already started to ruin things. I-It's better if I leave now."

"Jughead?" I asked.

"Y-yeah"

"Stay" That is all I needed to say. The suttle nod in reply was enough reassurance that he'll stay with us.

"Jughead come here!!" Betty yelled from the top of the stairs in excitment.

"Go play kiddo." I chuckled as he ran up the stairs.

FP really made him lose trust in everybody and it saddens me because when we were in high school he promised he'd never, hit his kid like his dad hit him. We all saw how it made FP. The way he became cornered off. How he lost touch with us and how broken he looked. And now he passed the same grief onto his boy.

I may not have done much to help FP but I won't make the same mistake by letting Jughead slip through the cracks.

This boy, selfless, kind hearted and sweet. Carrying the weight of the world on his back. The boy that never asked for anything in return for his tokens of kindness, lived in fear. Needing someone to hold, some stability in his life.

I like to think that Gladys didn't know about the abuse before she left. I'd like to think she didn't know she left her boy in pain and agony. Well I would have wanted her to know, but I don't think she wouldn't have left without him if she'd known. Would she?

I'm going to love protect him from now on.
That is what this boy deserves.
That is what Jughead deserves.

(A/N: Hi! So I hoped you liked Part 2! I really want to do a face reveal but I don't want to put it up on here. So if you want you can check out me tiktok for one. My @makeupbyfaith. Anyways thankyou for reading. Suggestions are always welcome. Love you all Xx💕💫)