Bruises

⚠️TW: Abuse⚠️

Narrator's PoV

Let's just say Jughead didn't have the nicest nor caring parents. Only he knew the pain he endured. And it stayed like that for a long time.

Ever since Jughead had been little he'd been quiet. Never cried in front of others. Too some he'd be seen as strong but only he knew the stories his broken eyes told.

It was never this bad before his mother left. Well that's what he tells himself.

Alice's PoV

I watch Betty and Jughead play in the backyard. Being friends with FP from highschool meant that sometimes I'd pick Jughead up from daycare when he was too busy. Of course I don't mind doing it, he is a really sweet kid.

I watch as Betty giggles as Jughead flies a paper airplane near her ear. Then I watch him trip upon a lump of turf and fall onto his front. I run straight to him but I'm shocked too see he doesn't cry. Betty would have been wailing but he just brushes of the mud on his grass stained trousers and stares at the crumpled plane in his hand. He looks dissapointed but doesn't cry.

"You ok, honey?" I ask him

"I....I ruined the plane. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I'll fix... it." He looks on the verge of tears but they don't fall. I just watch as his tiny fingers fumble to refold it but it is too badly ripped to work.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll fix it" He hands it to me but just then I hear the doorbell ring.

"Time to go Jug"

He looks at his jeans then up to me. And gulps.

"Ok.." He waves goodbye to Betty as I grap his bag of the countertop and walk him to the door.

"Hi FP" I greet as I open the door to him.

He just grabs Jughead and leaves grumbling a thanks.

Jughead's PoV

I get in my dad's truck. He is obviously mad at me for something. I just don't know what.

"Jughead why are your jeans dirty?" He seems really mad now.

"I...tripped" I knew not to anger him more than he was now. I didn't want hurting again.

"Why are you so fucking clumsy?!! The stains are not going to come out you know. God you're fucking stupid!" He shouts angrily as he pulls up to the trailer.

I stumbled out the truck as he gives me a slap round the back of the head and drags me in by the scruff of the neck to the trailer.

~10 years later~

Dad hit me really hard this time. Well multiple times. He told me to get out of the trailer so I go to the a place in town which I love.

Pop's

I walk in immedietley smelling the scent of vanilla and grease. I set my self down at my usually booth as Pop's is quite empty for once.

I grimaced when the bruises on my torso started to ache. I was about to pull out my notepad when I hear the bell chime. I look up to see Alice Cooper sauntering through the diner and to the collection point.

She locks her eyes with mine and walks to my booth. She quickly notices the bruise on my cheekbone and raises her eyebrows in concern.

"What happened to your cheek and why are you here so late?"

"Oh I slipped in the shower and banged it on the wall." I smiled. Of course that wasn't true but I wasn't about to tell Mrs. Cooper that.

"And why are you here so late?"