Forbidden romance

Betty's PoV

We travelled further and further till we finally hit another town. Wanting to feel free in our forbidden romance. The North Side wasn't allowed to date the South Side, it had been like that for decades. Parents from each side told their kids of the bad stuff and the assumptions they had made of the other side, no one knew what it was really like though till I met him.

I remember it as clear as day.

The raven haired boy with the camera in the middle of a growing sunflower field.

The sun was setting then, we was in Greendale at the time.

The sun seemed so much brighter, the yellow of the petals so much more vibrant. I guess that is what they mean when they say the grass is always greener.

I didn't remember seeing the boy at first till I went back another day.

Our first words there.

Finally got to know him,

I was falling in love but...

He was from the South Side of Riverdale.

How could I be in love with someone I am supposed to hate without knowing why? I didn't understand it.

Neither did he.

Secrets.

Stories.

Memories.

Just between the two of us. I couldn't tell my friends or parents they'd simply disown me. So it was just him and I.

Which leads to today.

It was getting close to autumn, the sunflowers long gone.

Driving in his old mustang which used to be his fathers. He drives humming along to the radio. It wasn't good but it was something.

A soft melody blessed our ears.

We arrive.

We had nothing to do, it was more about getting out of Riverdale and leaving the rest to follow on from there.

I leap into his arms once we are out the car just to be close to him.

It's weird how you can go from despising someone to them being the only thing you look forward to waking up for.

I pull away slightly, his hands coming to rest on my hips as I sway side to side.

My hands rest on the base of his neck, our foreheads touching.

Eyes closed.

He twirls me like I am a ballerina within a jewellery box.

Thank god it is dark and no one was out , we'd look crazy, but they don't know.

They don't know us.

They don't know where we are from.

They don't know what it is like in Riverdale.

So for now, we can look crazy, just to be teenages in a forbidden love.

(A/N: Hi! I really hoped you liked this, if you have been reading my work since the begining, you know I aren't one for writing fluff but I've been feeling more like a hopeless romantic lately, more than normal lmao. Also sorry I haven't been active, I've been back at school and I needed to make sure my education was back up to the level it was before lockdown, I hope you can understand :) Thank you for 45k!!
Stay safe, wear a mask! Love you all
:) )