Bad past

Betty's PoV

"Sheriff Keller, you need to let Jughead go. He didn't kill Jason." I demanded hearing that Jughead might be arrested for a crime he didn't commit.

"Betty, I don't believe he is the type to do it either but he has a bad past. It makes him a prime suspect." He said judgingly.

I was shocked. Bad past?

"Bad past? Sure he isn't from the North Side but he's not a bad person."

He sighed. Oh no. What has jughead done?

"Betty... It's not my place to tell you anything but the bad grades the bullying the fact his-" He stopped.

"His what's Sheriff?" I asked angrily.

"I'll let him tell you that one." He said leading me to the interrogation room.

In there I saw a red eyed Jughead looking sadly at the metal table in front of him. Poor Juggie. He didn't deserve this. However one thought plagued my mind. What has he done that could have been so bad.

"I'll leave you too in here for a while things are processed." Keller said as he quietly shut the door.

Jughead's PoV

"Juggie?" I heard Betty whisper softly.

I looked up into her eyes.

"You have to believe me Betty, I didn't do it. I swear." I said as I looked pleadingly into her eyes.

"Of course I believe you Jug." She said reaching across the table and grabbing a hold of my arm, instantly calming me.

"However, I do need to ask you about something" She said lighting anxiety back into my stomach.

"W-what do you wanna a-ask about?" My voice wavering with anxiousness.

"Your past. Sheriff Keller said something bad happened."

"Y-yeah, I was bullied that's all" I said dodging her eyes.

She craned her neck to look into my eyes.

"Now we both know it's something more than that." She said giving me a soft smile.

"O-okay it's really not a big deal. I was sent to Juvie in the 5th Grade. See I told you it wasn't a big deal." I said quickly keeping my eyes trained on the table.

"Juvie?! Jug of course that is a big deal. What even for?" She said in astonishment.

"I was playing with matches in one of the classrooms. And a teacher saw me and rung the cops and told them I was trying to burn the school down. I was 10 at the time and obviously didn't mean to upset anybody, but they didn't see that." I looked angrily at my hands.

"A-all they saw was a dangerous kid, from the wrong side of the tracks... trying to hurt people." I whispered shaking my head.

"Their opinions haven't changed I can see" I chuckled sadly. It would be so nice to change the way people saw you.

"Jug look at me. You aren't the same person they think you are. I know you, you're sweet, I don't think you could harm anybody. What the world thinks doesn't determine that's who you have to be. Okay?" She said rubbing over my hands with her thumb.

"Okay" I whispered looking deeply into her eyes.

"I'm only upset that you couldn't confide in me sooner. I want us to have a trusting relationship. I want to get to know you Jughead. So please tell me everything." She said smiling.

I chuckled. "Okay I guess we are gonna be a while. So get ready for a thrilling tale m'lady."

(A/N: Hi guys! Sorry it's a short one. Thank you so much for 34k reads!! I hope you are all doing well. Unfortunately, if not, my book 'The Little Things' is a safe place where you can talk and others can advise and listen. You aren't alone in this :)

Suggestions are always welcome!
Love you all Xx💕💫)