chapter 3

"Good morning sunshine!"

Ash wearily eyed her roommate as she shuffled out of her bedroom and plopped down next to Susie on the couch. She rubbed her eyes with the sleeves of her over sized long-sleeved t-shirt and yawned deeply. As Ash hugged her knees to her chest, she leaned her head against the back of their plush sofa.

It was almost noon, but Ash had only gotten about four hours of sleep. After her encounter with the mystery man in the café, Ash had made the trek back home. After begrudgingly apologizing to Drew for hanging up on him and leaving him worried, she had finally fallen asleep around seven despite the sunlight filtering through her curtains.

She had set an alarm so that she wouldn't sleep the day away again. Even though Ash could have slept a few hours more, she knew she would thank herself later.

"How did you sleep, roomie?" Susie shifted on the couch so that she was sitting cross legged facing Ash. She was dressed comfortably in athletic leggings and a bright pink crop top that had "FAKE LOVE" printed across the front in block letters. The pink color paired with her hair and sweet personality reminded Ash of cotton candy.

Ash kept her legs pulled to her chest and flopped her head over to look at her energetic roommate, knowing that her dark under-eye circles were on full display.

"What do you think?"

Susie laughed at Ash's grouchy reply and reached over to squeeze Ash's bare knee.

"Don't worry, your sleep schedule will work itself out faster than you think."

Ash raised her eyebrows as Susie let her gaze flicker to Ash's exposed thighs.

"Just so you know, I am very bi. Use discretion when you walk around the house without pants on." Ash blushed and stretched her t-shirt over her legs, making herself into a lil egg.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even think to ask if that would make you uncomfortable. I never sleep with pants. I'll try to remember to put shorts on before coming out here."

"No no no, don't worry about it. I can handle myself. I'm an adult, I have seen plenty naked women. You're just hot as shit, Ash, so I apologize in advance if you catch me checking you out." Susie grinned. "Sorry for touching you, I'll try to keep my hands to myself. Well...unless you ask otherwise."

Ash could tell Susie was trying to get another blush out of her, but Ash only smirked back at her roommate.

"I'll keep that in mind." Susie's eyes widened in surprise at Ash's reply, but then she gave Ash another 1000 kilowatt smile. Ash suddenly remembered the events of the previous evening, and she freed her legs from her shirt to turn towards her roommate. "Susie, something happened last night. It involved a cute boy."

"Oooooooooooooh!" Susie squealed at an octave Ash didn't know humans could reach. "Spill!"

Ash relayed her experience wandering the streets of Seoul in the middle of the night, her brief Facetime with her boyfriend, and her enthralling conversation with the mystery man in the café. As she finished up her story, her stomach dropped as she realized she would probably never see the man again.

"Susie, I know I have a boyfriend but there was something about this guy. He seemed so smart. We talked about books for the majority of the conversation, for shit's sake. But I don't even know what his face looks like, let alone his freaking name. And, dude, I have a boyfriend back home. Ugh, why is this my life."

Ash pouted out her bottom lip, and Susie slapped her shoulder, making Ash yelp in surprise. She began to ask what the hell that was for, when Susie gave her an adorable scowl.