chapter 24 ⚠️

"The rest of the gift is me."

Namjoon continued to look at Ash's exposed hip like he was witnessing a theophany. Ash started to move her hand away, but then Namjoon's fingers held her in place. With his other hand, he reached over to run a finger over the green lace, his touch so light Ash could barely feel it.

"Ash," he breathed, then swallowed heavily. "This is for me?"

Ash huffed out a short laugh.

"Who else would it be for?"

Namjoon just shrugged, keeping his head down as his finger dipped lower underneath the waist of Ash's jeans and sliding it back until his palm rested on the small of her back. When she pulled her hand away this time, Namjoon didn't stop her. She felt his long pinky and ring fingers still toying with the hem of her panties under the back of her pants as he pulled her closer. Then, his other hand reached up to pull the collar of her sweater to the side, exposing the lacy green strap of Ash's bra.

His fingers traced the lace there before his lips did. As his fingertips grazed the fabric, Ash watched his eyes spark, and she wondered if he was remembering the way the lace felt under his cold fingers just briefly before. But now, his fingers were warm. No, now they were hot, hot enough to burn a path along the skin of Ash's shoulder.

When his lips touched the places his fingers just had, Ash realized she had only seen a flicker of the fire that was Kim Namjoon.

"Are you sure?" Namjoon asked, his voice low and strong, raspy and excited as he pulled back.

Namjoon's words were in the form of a question, but the way he looked down at Ash was a command. Behind his eyes was heat; everything in his deep, dark irises shimmered and warped, a mirage reflecting months of pent up passion and emotions. Ash felt it welling up inside herself, too. This was happening.

But Namjoon wasn't asking permission.

He was asking if she was ready to take all he wanted to give.

"I'm sure, Joon. I've been sure. Been waiting for this for so damn long."

In response, Namjoon exhaled a shaky breath, lowered his one hand, and lifted the other until he could grip the hem of Ash's sweater and lift it over her head.

After tossing that aside, Namjoon's hands came down to rest on Ash's back, his fingers returning to idly trace the back of the bra. At the same time, Ash's hands rested around his neck, and Namjoon bent to gently thunk his forehead to hers. Their noses touched, and Namjoon's lips brushed Ash's as he said,

"Me too."

Ash and Namjoon made out next to the painting of Ash on the dining room table until Namjoon seemed to remember Ash was no longer wearing a shirt. The kiss had gotten desperate quickly, with lots of teeth and breath and sucking. So when Namjoon suddenly skirted to the side, trailing his nose along Ash's jaw and down to her neck, Ash was left gasping for air. Warmth tingled down her spine when she felt him breathe deeply once he found the soft spot beneath her ear, right behind her jaw where she had spritzed perfume earlier. Namjoon pressed his lips there once, then again, and the third time he let his tongue sneak out and glide against the sensitive skin.

Ash sighed and melted into him, tilting her head back, baring herself for him. Namjoon's kisses traveled down her neck to her collarbone, and then his hands came to her front and began tracing the cups of Ash's bra. When he pulled back and glanced down to watch his hands' ministrations, Ash didn't miss the flush dusting his cheeks and the red tips of his ears that poked out from under his hair.