chapter 25

Ash was pretty certain post-sex afterglow was supposed to be felt, not seen.

But Namjoon was making her question everything.

The sun had long since dipped below the rounded peaks on the horizon, so the only light trickling through the window was from the synthetic light of Seoul.  The bedside lamp's soft, warm glow mixed with it, and though it was dim, the illumination made Namjoon's bare skin fucking shine. 

After round three, they had called for a break and now laid tangled beneath the covers, all liquidy limbs and fuzzy brains.  Ash rested her head in the space she would from that point on refer to as Ash's Pillow – the soft spot between Namjoon's shoulder and chest.  The spot that cradled her head so well, she bet his company would make a killing if they could replicate it into some sort of actual, marketable plushie. 

From her Pillow, Ash watched as Namjoon's chest swelled and crested with each of his measured breaths.  The comforter pooled at his waist, giving her the perfect view of the sweat still clinging to his skin there, of his nipples pebbling as it steadily dried in the crisp air around them.  She ran her fingertips through it, tracing patterns only her subconscious could decipher and smiled when Namjoon's fingertips began trailing their own paths down her back, through her sex-tangled hair.

When she shifted enough to tilt her head back and glance up at him, Ash felt her heart make a fair swoop.  Namjoon was looking down at her, a dimple-laden smile stretched across his face, his shaggy hair stuck to his forehead, his eyes droopy and happy.

Ohhhh, yeah.  He's actually glowing.

"What's up, baby?" Namjoon mumbled lazily, his fingers gently working through a knot in Ash's mane. 

Ash just stared at him a little more.  She took her time, taking it all in.  Taking him all in. 

She wanted to consume him – all of him.

"Tell me everything about you," Ash said, smiling when Namjoon blinked his eyes wide.

"Everything? Jeez," Namjoon chuckled.  "That's a lot."

He still looked down at Ash, his eyebrows raising and his eyes widening in that cute way he did.  Behind the surprise and slight bashfulness, Ash could see a teasing glint.  She smiled and hummed.

"Wanna know it all. Tell me," Ash grinned and poked at Namjoon's chest.  He grinned back.

"Well what do you want to know first?"

Ash removed the poking pressure of her finger and began stroking him again.  Namjoon still looked down at her, his mouth smiling even though it was closed now. 

"When's your birthday?"

"September twelfth," he answered softly.

"Awh, I missed it!" Ash grumbled, playfully slapping his chest.  "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hey, I missed yours too, Miss Halloween," Namjoon quipped, grabbing the hand Ash had just swatted him with.  He began toying with her fingers, his long ones dwarfing her own.

Ash watched the way their digits danced for a few breaths.

"Mid-September..." Ash mumbled.  "I think that means you're a Virgo."

Namjoon's laughter rumbled under Ash's ear.

"Are you super into that stuff?"

"I didn't used to be, but then I met Susie," Ash replied.  Namjoon quirked an eyebrow.  "It's actually super interesting!"