chapter 21

Ash wasn't sure how much time had passed.

When she was with Namjoon, time wasn't always measured in seconds, minutes, or hours. Sometimes it was measured in memorized flashcards, or Kdrama episodes. Sometimes it was measured in cups of tea and little pastries, sometimes in sly glances and shy touches.

But that night in the fancy car with heavily tinted windows, time was measured in hard kisses, touching tongues, and muffled moans.

Ash's eyes were closed but she could still see the passing lights out on the streets, could feel the car hurtling through the foreign city she had unexpectedly settled in. But that was just background noise, just ambiance. Everything else Namjoon had her full attention.

They gave zero shits about seatbelt safety. Every few gasping moments, Ash's head would thump against the window behind her, seeing as Namjoon had her pressed against the car door. He had somehow wiggled himself underneath her, so they were both squeezed into one seat, her practically on his lap and his arms wrapped around her.

His embrace felt way more secure than any seatbelt ever would.

After several lip bites and booty squeezes, Namjoon shifted his attention to Ash's jaw and neck. When he did, she realized she had never really tasted his neck skin and a concerning cannibalistic urge overcame her. So, she gripped the hair at the back of his head and yanked him back, baring his neck so she could go for his jugular.

She nipped and sucked – not gently, mind you. In response, Namjoon's grip on her thighs tightened enough she could feel the dig of his nails through her leggings.

"Ah – no marks, n-no marks baby," Namjoon gasped.

His voice was pleading, but it was like his tone was asking the opposite of what his words requested.

"What, are you scared of little Jimin making fun of you again? Such a sensitive, bashful boy Joon," Ash mumbled against the flushed skin of his neck.

Namjoon's adams apple bobbed as he swallowed harshly.

"No," he mumbled, his breath hitching as Ash let her teeth graze him again.

She wasn't convinced.

"Why do you let him get to you, hm? It's not like you don't have any leverage against him," Ash teased, pulling back and letting her head rest against the car door again.

"What do you mean?"

Ash raised an eyebrow before reaching up to smooth his hair. It looked like he had just walked through a hurricane, which was fair and accurate.

"Jimin and Susie hung out the same night we did," Ash said matter-of-factly.

Namjoon's eyes narrowed.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes, really, he told me. I mean, you didn't walk in on them or anything, obviously, but I think it's safe to assume he took her up on her offer."

"Her – what?"

Namjoon's eyebrows squished down in confusion. Ash sighed and shook her head a bit. She knew he was some near genius, but sometimes he was so clueless.

"Remember that one night you and Jimin came and picked me and Susie up at the club? When she was super-duper drunk?"

He nodded slowly, uncertainly.

"What about it?" he questioned.

"Remember what she said to him when we got to our apartment? She gave him her number and...offered her services," Ash giggled.