Inuyasha x reader

The night was quiet not much sound was made. You moved around sleepily in the futon, half-asleep. As your eyes pried open you saw Inuyasha his eyes softly closed. He was breathing lightly he must be sleeping pretty deeply.

He always watched over everyone as they slept you found it sweet. He would protect his friends no matter the cost. You yawned slightly, stretching your arms.

The night sky was still out so you decided to venture into the world. Opening the door your hair blew in the wind. Smelling the wonderful fresh air, what could be better then this peaceful night?

The star littered night, it saw everything that went on. Kikyo shooting Inuyasha with an arrow, binding him to the tree.

Kagome coming through the well and freeing him. And you...the girl who happened to stumble upon this secret world.

A sigh left your lips, Inuyahsa's ear twitched he opened an eye. A questionable expression crossed his face. Not that you could see it.

Without the blanket to keep you warm you started to shiver. You clutched your arms to try and warm yourself.

Suddenly your body stopped shivering, a red robe had been draped around you. Surprised you looked behind you.

"Inuyasha?"

He smiled, "what are you doing up on a cold night like this Bud?"

You rolled your eyes, "ugh do you have to keep calling me that?!"

He slapped a hand to your mouth, "keep quiet the others are asleep!" He said in a hushed whisper.

You removed his hand but didn't let go, "Bud?" You gritted your teeth. He jerked your chin upwards making you gaze at him.

"Is something wrong?"

His face was so close, you felt your face redden. Slapping his hand away you turned to the black sky.

"I should go back to my world...to my time."

Inuyasha scowled, "what, why?"

You turned your (h/c) locks swirling with your body, "I-I don't belong here..." you said that quieter then you liked.

He gripped your shoulders tightly, "but you do like Kagome." A pained expression spread across your features.

"No I don't I came upon this by chance, all because I followed Kagome to her house. You were hiding under the sheets she had thrown over you."

You stifled a laugh at that memory.

Inuyasha spoke, "but so did Kagome."

You raised a brow, "she had the Shikon jewel inside of her, she has reason to be here besides..."

He was staring at you intently waiting for you to speak, "besides what?" You waved a hand at him.

"Don't worry about it."

He growled, "come on don't leave me hanging."

You stared into those amber coloured pupils, "I'm leaving when the sun rises."

Inuyasha tightened his hold on your shoulders.  The pressure hurt a bit.

"Why so early?"

"Because then that way I won't have to say goodbye to everybody. It will only making leaving that much harder."

He sighed.

Then looked down at you, "so till the sun rises huh?"

You nodded.

He came right up to you, "Inuyasha-!"

He slipped a hand under your knees and around your stomach. "What are you-whoah!"

He jumped onto the huts roof and sat down on the tiles. Removing his hands and forcing you to sit in his lap.

With his arms around your waist he rested his head on you.

"Inuaysha please explain."

He let loose a breath from his nostrils,  "we'll wait for the sunrise together Bud."

You stiffened, "would you shut up with that nickname."

He huffed, "no."

"Why do you call me that?"

He was silent.

"Uhh well..."

"I'm waiting."

He sighed again, "ok fine."

He sucked in a breath, "remember when I turned human and it was only me and you, Kagome couldn't get to us?"

You nodded.

"Well...when I...when I was sitting there watching you plan a way out. You were so smart and your eyes lit up like it was some sort of puzzle to figure out. Then when we escaped and from then on you replayed on my mind over and over. Feelings I'd only felt for...certain people stirred within me."

He smiled a little, "you were a new person a cared deeply about more than anyone else. Like when a flower starts to first grow its closed-"

You cut him off, "and called a bud."

A smile presented on your mouth.

His grin went bigger, "exactly."

A moment of silence passed between you two, until it hit you like a rock.

'Care deeply about, more than anyone else, feelings he'd never had for anyone in a while...!'

Your cheeks went crimson.

Inuyasha noticed and drew closer to your face, twisting your head to his so he could put them together

Inuyasha noticed and drew closer to your face, twisting your head to his so he could put them together. "Hmm well you don't have a fever."

"I-Inuyasha..."

"What?"

You put your palm on his cheek, twisting your whole body now. His nose dusted pink.

"Bud?..."

A surge of annoyance ran through you but you ignored it. You couldn't kiss him though you were leaving. As if sensing your thoughts he pulled you closer.

"I'll make them see you before you go."

You laughed a little, he was trying so hard. You weren't saying goodbye not on his terms.

The sun rose, away the night went giving way to a bright orange and mellow pink.

"Your hopeless Inuyasha." He leaned into your touch as you brushed your fingers through his hair.

" He leaned into your touch as you brushed your fingers through his hair