October 1994

"Hey." Sarah said, as she dropped her bag on her desk.

"Hey."

Jolie and Rafael were sitting on Jolie's bed watching an episode of Mad About You on the small television she kept on a rolling cart in the corner of the room.

"Oooh, I totally forgot it was Thursday. Move over." Sarah climbed on the bed next to Jolie forcing her to squish closer to Rafael.

"Sorry." Jolie blushed when she sat on his hand.

"No worries." He smirked as he moved it from underneath her.

Rafael went back to his room after Frazier ended so that Sarah and Jolie could get ready for bed.

"Ok, seriously, what is up with you two?" Sarah asked, as she finished brushing her teeth.

"We're friends." Jolie stated for what felt like the hundredth time.

"He's always here."

"Is that a problem? I mean it's your space too, he has a single so if you want we can hangout there sometimes." Jolie offered, feeling bad for not having thought about Sarah.

"No, I don't care that he's here, he's nice. I just mean you two spend a lot of time together for friends." She teasingly said the word friends.

"Well we are."

"Alright." Sarah held her hands up signaling that she'd let it go for the night.

"Hey, what are you going to dress up as for Halloween?" Jolie asked Sarah as they were studying when she realized Halloween was fast approaching.

"I haven't decided yet. Maybe pick a character from a movie or something. It's got to be simple I'm low on cash."

"We could do that scene from Dazed and Confused where they wear the senior shirts, you now the one I'm talking about?" They had just watched the movie the weekend before, so Jolie knew it would be fresh on her mind.

"Yeah, you can be Simone and I'll be Darla." Sarah laughed.

"Cause of our hair?"

"Pretty much."

"Alright, it's settled then. I'll get the shirts made and all we have to do is get jean shorts and some knee socks." Jolie chuckled.

"You do know it's supposed to be in the forties tonight?" Rafael asked when Jolie emerged from her dorm room.

"Yes, but it's Halloween and you dress up on Halloween." She smiled.

"There are costumes that consist of warmer clothing than a cutoff shirt and shorts." He half scolded while raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Simone from Dazed and Confused, Sarah is Darla. These are the most notable outfits they wore. Besides, I don't actually plan on going outside. The party is in the dorm." She stated in defense of her outfit.

"I suppose you have a point." He conceded while shaking his head slightly.

"What are you going as?"

"I'm not dressing up." He shrugged.

"Why not?" She pouted.

"Because it's silly." He replied, smiling when she pretended to be offended.

"Come on." She started dragging him toward his room.

"Where are we going?"

"To see what you have in your closet that I can turn into a costume for you."