April 1997

In every generation there is a chosen one. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the slayer.

"What the hell are you two watching now?" Rafael questioned as he lifted his nose from the book he was reading on the couch next to Jolie to look at the television.

"Just my new favorite show." Jolie smiled, though she was only half listening to it as she worked through some problems for her finance class.

"That really didn't answer my question."

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Sarah stated in hopes it would shut him up so she could actually hear again.

"You do realize you're almost twenty one..."

"I am twenty one." Sarah said turning to look at him as though he needed to be careful with his next statement, not that it would actually impact what came out of his mouth.

"And yet you still watch shows about high schoolers..."

"No one's forcing you to watch with us." Sarah grumbled.

"Yes some of the visuals are a bit of a stretch, but it's well written and funny. I'm sure it'll get better as it progresses, I mean it did just premier in March." Jolie smiled.

"I kind of like the librarian..." Rafael muttered, starting to turn his attention back to his book.

"Of course you would..." Sarah muttered back.

"Didn't you say Giles was hot." Jolie chuckled.

"I said he was kind of hot... you know for a boring old fuddy-duddy."

Jolie and Rafael both laughed.

"What?" Sarah huffed.

"Have you and Tom... you know..." Jolie chuckled again.

"No, why?"

"I think she's hinting that you need to get laid." Rafael smiled.

"I thought you were against me just hopping in bed with someone." Sarah frowned.

"I was when you were talking about a random hook up with some guy you barely knew in your class. Tom's different. You've spent basically all your free time with him since you two exchanged numbers in February and you clearly like him." Rafael replied.

"I... it's just..." Sarah sighed. "I've never been with anyone except Andrew."

"And on that note I think I'll let you two have girl talk and go read in the bedroom." Rafael sighed, leaning forward to kiss Jolie's cheek as he stood to leave the room.

"You act as though the walls are sound proof." Sarah smiled, laughing when he paused and exhaled a puff of air before continuing.

"Has Tom hinted at wanting to?" Jolie asked.

"He has."

"And?"

"I tensed up because I panicked about being with someone new. It was like being a virgin all over again, except not... I was nervous though. The only person who seen me, touched me is Andrew and I knew what to expect. I don't know what to expect with Tom." Sarah sighed.

"There's only one way to find out." Jolie grinned.

"What if I'm bad and I don't know it... maybe that's why Andrew cheated..."

"I doubt that."

"But you wouldn't know now would you?" Sarah grumbled and folded her arms as she leaned back on the couch.