Chapter Two - Home Invasion

Anthony Padilla

   We walked for a couple of blocks and found The Neighbor's house. It wasn't too big, the house was just like any normal house here in Sacramento, but what made it stand out is that the front yard had a lot of lawn gnomes and lawn flamingoes. The front yard one huge bush trimmed and shaped like a flamingo, dude's got some serious obsession with flamingoes.

"This must be the place." Ian said.

"Well duh idiot, what gave it away? Is it the flamingo shaped bush or the shitload of lawn flamingoes?" I rolled my eyes. Sometimes Ian is dumb.

"W-wait, what was the plan again?"

"We're gonna check if the Neighbor has the other glove, Teleporting Fat Guy said that it's him, right?" Then a question popped in my head: Where is Teleporting Fat Guy?

"How are we gonna do this?"

"Just break in."

"You should've unfrozen them after we've broken into his house. Freeze them again."

"I can't," Ian said, looking as the Glove, "It needs to recharge."

"See Ian, that's why I hate you sometimes, your plans are always half-baked and pointless." Ian looked down, I offended him but it's true. "—for how long does it need to charge?" I asked.

"Eight hours." Ian bowed his head, "That feature drained the whole battery."

"How did you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I read the manual." Ian took out a Power Glove Manual behind him.

"No one reads the manual, reading's for pussies." I laughed.

"Could we just break in?" Ian sighed.

"Let's make it quick." We approached the front door, Ian reached for the doorbell.

DING DONG!

I slapped his hand, "Why did you do that?" I asked him.

"I was being polite." Ian smiled.

"You idiot, we're breaking in right?" I shook my head.

"Oh yeah, sorry."

We went around the house, looking for an open window to gain access inside. Bingo, we're in and it led us directly to the living room. The inside was really messy, from towering piles of used clothes to stinky basketful of sweaty gym socks. I wonder what other beautiful sights are here, and by beautiful I meant the exact opposite.

"Split up and look for the glove." Ian said going to the second floor while I ventured into the kitchen. The counter was made up of yellow tiles with an overhead cabinet and another cabinet under it, the place was really messy, there were a lot of empty cereal boxes and untidy bowls and utensils. Does he even know how to do chores? I don't wanna know. Looking around, wow, the place is really messy. Gross.

I passed through a doorway leading me to the dining room. At the center it has a wooden rectangular mahogany table with four chairs around it. Surprisingly, the room was not as dirty as the other two rooms. There were plates on the table, set up like someone was going have a feast here.

"At least he has one part of his house clean." I murmured. I kept on walking when something pricked my right foot, making me jump and hop around like an injured animal.

"FUCK!" I let out an almost inaudible curse while placing my hand on a stack of boxes to regain my balance. It hurts.

A really long nail went through my shoe and poked my foot.