Chapter Ten - Friends No More

Ian Hecox

   "Finally you got that dart right." Anthony said. Drew Peacock slumped on the ground, unconscious. "I can't believe I'm looking at a limp, sleeping Drew Peacock."

"Yeah, he tried to do this the hard way." I replied, looking down on the snoring doctor.

"A peaceful, limp and hairy Drew Peacock."

"Drew Peacock's starting to spout white liquid from his head." A sticky white stuff came out from his mouth.

"Nah, dude, I put a little toothpaste in his soda." Anthony confessed.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I dunno, for hilarious reasons." He raised his two hands, the gesture of 'I don't know'.

"Did it ever cross your mind that his name sounds like Droopy Cock?" I asked.

"Nope." He shook his head, then a sudden expression of clarity showed in my friend's face, "How did you figure that out?"

"I think because if the dick jokes the writer's making us say?" I said.

"Standard Smosh material."" He grinned, "How about we hide his body? They won't like it if they saw a Drew Peacock out in the open."

"Yeah, you hold his head and I'll work on handling his shaft." I said.

"What?!" Anthony jumped.

"What? I mean... SHOE! You pervert." That last line just came out of me without warning. No dick joke intended. I think?

Then the alarm suddenly went off, the whole place glowed red like a disco but only with red lights. I turned my head and Billy was speaking to the surveillance camera hanging on the ceiling, that dumbass. "What the hell did you do this time, Billy?!" I shouted.

"I was just saying hi to the people watching us." Billy smiled.

"My God, how dumb are you?! You fricking dumbass."

"We gotta move guys!" Mari bellowed and they dashed out of the studio with me following suit, running back to the elevator.

The elevator doors slid open, revealing three guys in black. They ran as soon as they caught sight of us.

"TURN RIGHT!" I shouted. Mari gasped and turned right, pulling Billy around the corner. Then I slipped on the slippery marble floor, landing on my back and sliding directly to the elevator where the guards were. A guard lunged at me but then a hand grabbed my arm and tugged me away preventing the big dude from landing on me and squashing me like a bug. It was Anthony, pulling me by the arm on the slippery floor away from the guards. He kept dragging me across the floor creating abrasions on my skin. I stopped Anthony and quickly stumbled to my feet and ran behind my friends, with the remaining two goons chasing us.

"Thanks, dude!" I said to Anthony.

"Don't mention it." He said as we ran through a long corridor where I spotted a big candy dispenser was standing near the wall with its huge glass bowl filled with gumballs. I ran to it and tipped it over, shattering the glass and spilling the treats. I heard the guards yelp and followed by a loud thud. They fell for it... Literally.

"Stairs!" Mari screamed as the hallway blared with alarms. My eyes caught sight of a door with the label 'STAIRS'. She shoved the door open and a poorly lit dark stairwell welcomed us, "Down here."

I shut the door behind me as Mari led the group down the stairs, going around corners.

11th floor... We went down another flight of stairs. 10th floor... We kept going down. I lost count of the floor count but we just kept descending down the stairs until I felt a shortness of breath as a constricting sensation occurred around my abdomen. I fell to my knees on a landing of the stairs, clutching my chest.