Chapter Six - Saving Ian

Anthony Padilla

Great, the time machine's been sabotaged. How can we save Ian now? I banged my head on the wheel in frustration, honking the horn.

"Why the long face, Anthony?" Billy asked me, I lifted my head from the wheel and looked at him. He looked concerned but then was easily distracted, "Ooh! What does this button do?" Billy pressed a red button beside the steering wheel. Mechanical sounds came from the car's four tires, the wheels folded downwards, next thing we knew the car was hovering a feet from the ground.

"Billy!" I slapped his hand.

"Sorry, let's save Ian!" He cheered.

"We can't save him, the time machine's busted." I frowned.

"How about we ask Ian where they're taking him?"

"We can't ask him, he's gone."

"No he's not; he's right over there in that police car." He wiggled in his seat, pointing outside.

"Billy, you're seeing things again." Billy's expression turned from happy to slightly angry, he grabbed my jaw and turned my head sideways to my left.

"Look." Billy said. There was a police car parked across the road from where we're parked, a black and white police cruiser, with thick metal bumpers and red and blue emergency lights on the roof. The side doors were lit by the lamp light, showing an emblem:

City of Sacramento

Police Department

I looked at the people inside the car, there were two people on the front row: a half shaven policeman, face buried in a donut. The other cop was also munching on a donut. My eyes moved to the back seat, they have a captured criminal that appears to be wearing a helmet, head tilted down.

A car slowly passed by the cruiser, its headlights fully lighting the interior of the car, I saw their faces clearly. The cop behind the wheel was Sgt. Anous without his mustache, his blue uniform stained brown, dipping his donut in his coffee. His partner, thick bushy eyebrows, and sipping on a cup.

The light shone on the captured criminal and his head turned to face us. I saw his full features: blue eyes, crooked nose, thicker-than normal stubble, hair looks like Justin Bieber's old girly bowl hair covering his forehead and almost touching his eyes. It was my ugly-ass best friend, IAN.

Ian Hecox

I stared down at the metal cuffs around my wrists in deep thought. We might've evaded the police last time, but this time there was no window of escape, I was bound to my wrists and trapped inside with two dorks of a cop.

I was waiting for a miracle.

Then a headlight of an oncoming vehicle shone at my face, almost blinding me, I looked away and ended up facing the other side of the road which were full of bushes and a big oak tree. Then something caught my eye, behind the green bushes a glint of silver stood out, reflecting the moonlight, I focused my sights on the shining silver what looks like the hood of a car. Then I saw three small silver letters below the hood.

DMC

Then it came to me, that's the grills of the time machine! It's right there across the street! My eyes made its way from the grills to the partially hidden windshield, but there was no light, no one was there.

"Alright you good for nothing criminal, we've finished our donuts, we're finally taking you to prison." Sgt. Anous said, starting the car.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm innocent!" I retorted.