7.

Rebecca was sitting on the small couch in their hotel room when she saw Adalynn begin to stir.
"Morning sleepyhead" she said and Ada groaned.
"Light, off please" her sleepy voice ordered and Rebecca stood up and went to turn off the lamp next to the bed.
When the light was turned off, Adalynn crawled out of bed and joined her mother on the couch. Rebecca's arm wrapped around her and she felt Ada curl into her side.
"Daddy?" She asked and Rebecca shook her head.
"When I woke up, he was gone" she said "I think he's upset from last night. People weren't very nice to him"
"Assholes" Ada mumbled and Rebecca looked at her with wide eyes.
"Adalynn Marie! She scolded.
"What? It's true!" Ada exclaimed and Rebecca laughed.
"I'm going to have to have a talk with your father about not saying those words around you" she said shaking her head.

At that exact moment, Colby walked in with a white box in his hands. He stopped right in his place when he saw the glare Rebecca was giving him.
"Your in trouble" Adalynn said.
"Does it make it any better if I brought donuts?" He asked raising the box in the air and both Rebecca and Adalynn jumped up and ran over to him.
"I thought donuts were against your diet?" He asked looking at Rebecca who was contently eating one.
"Cheat day" she replied with her mouth full.
"I think mommy should have a cheat day everyday" Adalynn chimed in also with her mouth full "Daddy, you don't get one. You have one everyday"
Colby's jaw dropped and Rebecca started laughing hysterically.
"Your five year old just called you out" she laughed and Colby shook his head.
"I swear you two are going to put me in an early grave" he said and both girls laughed.
"But you love us, so your stuck with us" Adalynn said and he nodded.
"Yes I do, but some days I think of an escape plan, ya know. Just in case" he joked and Rebecca playfully smacked him.
"I don't think so. That little one" she stated pointing at Adalynn "locked you in for life. There's no backing out now"
Colby shook his head and walked over and lifted Rebecca's chin so she was looking up at him.
"I'm not going anywhere, ever"