19.

It was a sleepless night in the Lopez house. Adalynn seemed to be catching some kind of sickness. She was throwing up constantly, high fever, and couldn't seem to keep anything down. Colby tried to say it was just from traveling since they were on the west coast and then came home to nearly freezing temperatures.

It was around two in the morning and they had finally gotten her back to sleep. Rebecca sighed as she climbed back into bed and instantly curled into Colby's side.
"Please don't tell me you drugged our child to sleep" he said and she laughed.
"No, I just gave her Benadryl, she'll be out for at least and hour or two" she said and he nodded.
"Go to sleep, I'll take over sick kid duties now" he said and looked down to see she was already asleep.

It was only thirty minutes before Colby saw the bathroom light on again and he jumped out of bed.
"Again?" He asked as he bent down and pulled her hair back.
"Am I dying?" She asked and Colby chuckled.
"No baby, your not dying. Your just sick, probably the flu" he said.

He got Adalynn cleaned up and settled back into bed. As he was leaving, he heard a little voice ask him a question..
"Cuddles?"

He turned around and climbed into Adalynn's bed beside her and she immediately cuddled into him. No matter how old she got, she'd never be too old to cuddle with daddy.
"When the babies come, you won't be able to cuddle me anymore" she said and he shook his head.
"I'll always be able to cuddle you, I'll just have to cuddle all three of you" He said.

After about an hour, Adalynn was back asleep and Colby felt comfortable enough to go back to Rebecca. When he walked in the bedroom, she was sitting up on the edge of the bed.
"You too?" He asked and she nodded.
"I can't have both of my girls sick" he groaned.
"I'm not sick, I'm pregnant, with twins may I add" she said "and technically, you caused this so" she added.
"Oh yeah, blame me" he threw his arms in the air.

They both climbed back into bed and Colby noticed how much Rebecca looked like Adalynn when she slept. That woman was his whole world, and he wanted to keep it that way. Being together for six years felt like marriage to him, just without the legalities. He wanted to make it official, he wanted her to be Rebecca Lopez, just like their kids. He was going to marry this woman, and soon.