16.

4 months later...

Four whole months had passed and with the time, Rebecca slowly got back to her normal self. She had went back to work, she had even became closer with Adalynn, if that was even possible.

Now Adalynn's sixth birthday was approaching and the list she had put together was quite elaborate;

New clothes, makeup like mommy's, new toys and the last thing on her list... a baby brother AND sister.

When Colby saw the list, his eyes immediately widened at the last part. Not the fact that she wanted a baby brother or sister because they knew that. Just the fact she wanted both. He knew that Rebecca had many trepidation's when it came to having another baby after Emmy, so he took it upon himself to sit down and talk with Adalynn.

He took her to the coffee shop and she almost immediately guessed what this talk was about.
"Mommy doesn't want to have a baby brother and sister because of last time" she said and Colby shook his head.
"That's not it at all. She's just a little scared, I'm sure she wants another baby, she just doesn't want what happened last time to happen again" he explained.
"How can we make her not scared?" She asked "because we need more baby's because I'm lonely over here"
He laughed and began to explain that they couldn't make Rebecca not scared, all they could do was respect what she wanted.
"If Mommy doesn't want to have more babies right now, we can't make her. You know how hard it was on mommy with you?" He asked and she shook her head.

When Rebecca was pregnant with Adalynn, she was sick all the time up until her third trimester. Then came the normal pregnancy things like back pain, the baby constantly pushing against your ribs, etc... then Rebecca went into labor at only 33 weeks. 27 hours of labor, many scares and almost having to do an emergency c-section, Adalynn was born with a collapsed lung and blocked air ways. Rebecca and Colby didn't get to meet her until the next day which was hard on both of them. It took Rebecca almost 6 months to make her return and even after that it was still a long road back to get back to where she was physically.

Now the fact that Adalynn wanted a baby brother and sister was just the icing on the cake. Although last time wasn't nearly as bad, he couldn't imagine what would she would have to go through with two babies.

Back home with Rebecca...

She was sitting at home with Holly having a conversation that scared her the most.
"Honey, you know things take time to get back to normal with your body" Holly said and Rebecca shook her head.
"But with Ada, it only took two months and I was regular again now it's like, what's going on" Rebecca said.
"I assure you, here in a few weeks, you body will get back in the swing of things. You have nothing to worry about" holly assured her.