27.

"Mr. Lopez?"

"Just do it" Colby said and the doctor ran back into the operating room.

"I never should have left her" He said leaving up against the and sliding down it.

He pulled his knees to his chest and let tears fall from his eyes. At that moment he heard the voice that he had almost forgot at that moment.

"Daddy!"

Adalynn came running to him and his mother was following closely behind.
"Why are you crying? Wheres mommy, and the babies?" She asked
"Colby.. what's going on?" Holly questioned.

"Rebecca made me promise her I would go with the twins. I went with them but they weren't breathing and the nurses wouldn't let me go in the room. I tried to go back to Rebecca but she was bleeding. The doctor told me she needed a hysterectomy to stop the bleeding or she'd die"

"Mommy" Adalynn said quietly and her eyes met her fathers with tears in them.
"Come here" He said motioning for her to sit on his lap.
"Mommy is the strongest person I know, and brother and sister are strong too. They're going to pull through and make it" he said and Adalynn's head buried into his chest.

"Mr. Lopez.." the doctor said "we got the bleeding stopped"
"So she's okay?" He asked
"Yes, and I got word that your babies are now breathing on their own" he said "you can see Rebecca now if you'd like"

Colby asked Holly to take Adalynn to the waiting room while he went to Rebecca. When he got to her room, she was laying in the bed, still looking a little dazed.

"Hi" she said quietly when Colby walked over to the bed.
"You scared the shit out of me" he shook his head.
"The babies?" She asked "where are they?"
"They're in the NICU, they weren't breathing. But they are now" he said and Rebecca let out a sigh. "But, I need to tell you.."
"Tell me what?" She asked and her eyes met his worriedly.
"You were bleeding, and the only way they could save you was doing a hysterectomy. They asked me what I wanted to do and I couldn't risk loosing you so I told them to do it. I know I shouldn't have made such a rash decision but.."

He was silenced by Rebecca's lips placed on his.
"I'm not mad love" she said
"Your not?" He asked.
"Not in the slightest.. I couldn't leave you to take care of Ada and the twins. You'd go insane" she said and Colby smiled.
"That's why I'm so lucky to have you" He said and placed his lips on hers gently.