chapter 5 shine

AJ looked at Paige with a smile. In her hand was the title. Paige just stared back, a frown on her face. She didn't look comfortable. AJ brought the title to her face and gently placed her lips on it. She returned it to Paige, who had face of disgust, and gave her an innocent smile.

Keeping an eye on AJ, Paige also kissed the belt, on the same place AJ had kissed it. The shorter woman just smiled and skipped away.

She waited for the pale girl. She grinned when she saw Paige. "That was great!" AJ exclaimed, grinning. She jumped off the boxes she had been sitting on.

Paige smiled and nodded. "Now that Raw is over for us, what do you want to do?"

"I'm hungry. We could go eat."

Paige nodded and followed the veteran to catering. They both got a table at the back and sat their food.

"So is there anyone in your life?" AJ asked, giving Paige a smile.

The younger girl frowned and looked at her. "No, not really."

"Really? Because you and Seth seem to be real close."

Paige's eyes widened as she shook her head. "Ew, no. Gross, that's like my brother, gross."

AJ cocked her head to the left. "Really?"

Paige nodded. "Got no one in my life like that. It's just the way it is."

AJ nodded.

"How about you? Anyone in your life?"

"Not since Phil," the New Jersey native responded.

"What happened between you two?"

AJ shrugged. "We didn't work as a couple. We were better off as friends."

Paige nodded. "I get it. Dean and I tried, back when The Shield was first formed, but it didn't work out. We are better friends too. So I get it."

AJ looked at Paige in shock. She didn't know that Paige and Dean were dating, or had dated to be exact. She didn't know she felt a little annoyed that Dean had never told her. Sure she hated Paige back then and would have made a comment about it, but she still would have liked to know.

"Why didn't he ever tell me?"

"We don't talk about it. It wasn't really dating," Paige said, frowning. She looked up when she saw Emma and Summer sit down with them.

"Hey girls, what were you talking about?" Summer asked, getting comfortable. AJ just watched, not sure what to say. She wasn't really friends with Summer or Emma, but she knew both girls meant a lot to Paige, so she would try for her.

"About Paige and Dean's dating history," AJ answered, shooting Paige a smile.

Emma and Summer looked at each other before laughing. Paige looked at the table and blushed.

"They got together on a Friday night," Emma managed to say during her laughter.

"And they broke up that Saturday afternoon," Summer ended, unable to breath from her laughter.