chapter 14 smile

AJ watched as Seth danced with Paige and Emma. She could see the smile on Paige's face as she seemed to be letting her past behind, even for a little while.

"AJ, are you okay?" Brie asked. AJ looked at the people at the table, and noticed that all three of them were staring at her.

"I-I don't know," AJ responded, over the loud music as she looked back at Paige.

"What's going on?" Brie questioned, wanting to help her friend.

AJ looked back at her three friends, her eyes wide. "I-I think I'm falling for Paige."

"What?" Dean asked, shocked with the revelation.

"I think I'm falling for her," she told them, looking back at Paige.

"Are you sure?" Nikki questioned, frowning. She looked at Paige and saw her having fun with her best friends.

"I-I think so."

Paige took the moment to walk over to the group. She grabbed Dean and pulled him towards Emma and Seth.

AJ sighed. "We'll talk about this in a quiet place."

The twins nodded. AJ looked back and watched as Paige laughed at something Dean had said.

She wondered if she should say something. If she should tell Paige. What would it do to their friendship? She was slightly scared to think about it

RAW started with the Divas. Summer and Cameron were going against Emma and Naomi. It was a good match, and Paige paid close attention, not showing anyone what team she was rooting for. But deep down, she was rooting for Emma and Naomi.

AJ sat down next to Paige and watched her. To everyone, Paige seemed to be her normal self. She was still her happy person, but AJ knew better. She could see past the smile, past the playful exterior.

"What's going on today?" AJ asked, turning to the television.

"Well, we have a promo, and you have a match with Nikki. I have one on Smackdown with Brie," she answered, distracted by the television.

AJ smiled and nodded. She turned to the television to see what was going on. The divas match ended with Emma and Naomi winning.

There was a promo with the Authority vs. Cena. There were other matches, Usos and the Dust brothers.

Finally it was time for them. Nikki was out there. She looked at the crowd.

"Paige shouldn't get too comfortable with that belt of hers. Not when it'll be mine when I beat her at Survivor Series. I will be a better champion than you."

Paige's song came out. There was a pop as she walked out, a mic at hand. She smiled as she looked at Nikki. "Nikki, I'm sure you'll win. I mean, you have your assistant to help you. I'm pretty sure, if I go out there, then your pet will do something to make sure you win. I'm not stupid."

"Hey!" Brie exclaimed, offended with the comment Paige had made.

"Not now," Paige told her. "Nikki, unlike you, I don't cheat to win. I win, because I am better. I win, because I know I can."