chapter 15 Rise

PAIGE, there is something I need to tell you," AJ told her, looking her straight in the eye.

Paige let out a laugh. "Why does this seem familiar?"

AJ gave her a small smile. She was hoping it didn't end up like the last time they were in that moment. "Well, I know I may have screwed it up before, but I like you Paige. As more than a friend?"

"What do you mean?" Paige asked, frowning.

"I like you Paige. I'm falling for you. Everything about you brightens my day. When you smile, when you laugh, hell even when you cry. When you let your guard down, letting me see the real you, it makes me fall even more for you."

Paige didn't respond. She just stared at AJ.

"Paige?" The nervousness in her voice loud and clear.

"You like me? Now? After you turned me down? After I told you I was trying to move on?" Paige asked, her voice full of doubt.

"What's that say, you don't know what you have until it's gone? I never really saw what you made me feel until I was loosing that window."

"So, what do you want from me?"

AJ frowned. She looked down, before looking back at Paige. "I want you to want me."

"Why should I?"

"Because you still have feelings for me. Because I can give you the life you want. I can give you the love you need."

AJ stared at Paige, who seemed to be watching AJ, no expression on her face. AJ could feel her heart pounding. She could feel her hands get clammy.

A smile grew on Paige's face. She moved closer to AJ. The shorter woman could feel the Brit's breath on her.

"You're lucky you figured out your feelings when you did," Paige whispered, before pressing her lips on AJ's. AJ wrapped her arms around Paige's neck, pulling her closer.

AJ felt Paige's hands on her waist. She could feel Paige pushing her back, towards the wall. Once they were there, the kissing got crazier. It got heated. Paige started to move down, towards her neck.

AJ wanted to moan, but suppressed it. She closed her eyes, feeling Paige's lips on her neck.

"I love you Paige. I love you so much," she moaned, feeling so much pleasure.

"AJ," she heard Paige call out. "Hey, AJ."

AJ blinked a few times, realizing where she was. She could see Paige staring at her, an amused grin on her face.

"Welcome back to the living. So, what did you want to tell me?"

AJ frowned, before realizing that she had imagined the whole thing. She shook her head and looked at Paige.

"Paige, I think I—"

She was about to tell her, when someone called out the Brit's name. Paige turned and stiffened.