Secrets Are Meant To Be Secret

"Ryan, I don't want to talk to you. There's nothing you can say to change my mind," you say, walking into the kitchen. He follows.

"There has to be something I can do," he replies, getting on his knees.

"Well, there's not."

"Y/N, please. I lo- I need you. I-I lo-love you." You stop what you're doing and look at him.

"How am I suppose to be sure when you're off making out with that girl and having sex with her?"

"I broke up with her. I'm sorry I didn't treat you right. You kinda walked into my life and I was still dating her and I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry if it killed you when you saw that."

"Yeah, it did kill me. Do you understand how hard it is? My family left me for dead. You come along and bring me here, let me stay here. I trusted you twice and both times you let me down. How do I know that you aren't going to leave and let me down again?"

"Well, I can't show you that. But I can tell you a deep secret that Brendon has." You walk over to him and sit down.

"What do you mean deep secret?"

"One secret that only I know."

"You can't tell secrets. They're meant to be secret."

"If it means you not leaving again, I'll tell you some of mine." Your heart races as he says that. You peck his lips.

"Tell me all about it."

After the gossip session, you and Ryan walk into the living room and sit in front of the fireplace. He puts his arm around you.

"I really am sorry," he whispers in your ear.

"Just promise me I'll be the only one you'll date in this relationship," you say, trying not to sound needy.

"I promise." He kisses your cheek, which causes you to blush.

"Did you really mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"When you said you loved me."

"Yes, I meant it. Remember what I told you the first day we met? I said there's something about you I like. I didn't know what it was back then. But, now, I think I know."

"What it is?" Your voice sounds a little more excited. He lightly chuckles.

"I'm not telling you yet. Sorry." He kisses your lips, and in return, you kiss him back. He stands up and helps you up.

"There's a place I want to take you. Since it's winter, it will be the best spot ever."

"Ryan, are you sure? It's pretty cold out."

"Yes, I'm sure."

You both arrive at the park. Snow is covering everything, but it gives it a more romantic kind of look. Ryan grabs your hand and takes you over to the lake. He taps his foot against it, testing if it's safe. He hops on it, and brings you down. You've been ice skating before, so you're pretty good at it. Ryan, however, is a pro at it. He's doing flips and figure eights. It looks almost elegant, until he crashes to the ground and doesn't get up.

"Ryan!" you yell, skating over. He says nothing.

"Ryan, please say something?" You start to cry. His arms reach up and pull you down with him. He cuddles you.

"I'm fine, I promise. It was a joke," Ryan says, kissing your cheek. You grin a little.

"Well, thanks for scaring me. I thought you were dead."

"Sorry." He stands up and helps you up. You both walk to a cafe, hand in hand. When you walk in, you notice a familiar face. Ryan tightens his grip, noticing who it is.

"Table for two," Ryan says, looking straight at Brendon. Brendon turns around slightly, then turns back around.

"I'll have a hot chocolate," I say to the waitress.

"Can you put that in a big mug so we can just share it?" Ryan asks. She smiles, and nods. She leaves and Ryan takes my hand.

"Damn, your hand is cold."

"Yeah, I know Ryan. I'm always cold."

"Well, I can always warm you up." He lowers his voice and winks.

"I'll have to take you up on that offer." You both laugh. The waitress comes back with a giant mug with two straws in it. When Ryan asks for the bill so you could pay ahead, the waitress replies, "Someone already paid for it." She points at Brendon, whose getting up to leave. Ryan stands up and walks over there. You think that he's going to punch him, but instead hugs him. You sigh a breath of relief. He comes back, smiling.

"Did I scare you there?" He asks, taking your hand.

"Yeah, just a little," you reply. You both start drinking the hot chocolate. You don't say anything, just stare and smile at each other. You're still a little wary of trusting him. He let you down twice; how are you suppose to trust someone who does that?

After finishing the hot chocolate, Ryan takes you home. You sit in front of the fireplace, making out with him.

"Babe, I gotta go," Ryan says, pulling away.

"Do you really?" You ask, sighing.

"Don't be upset. You're making me feel bad for going to work." You quiver your bottom lip.

"Can't you call off today?" He sighs, then grins.

"Yeah, I guess." He sits back down and puts his arm around you. He pulls you in closer.

"I love you Ryan," you say. He's quiet for a little while. You look up and see he's asleep. You giggle and fall asleep on him.
__________________________
I like writing this. If I have any errors, just comment on the error. I'd appreciate it. :)