Baby Gender and Shopping

{Before I start, I would like to say something. The reads on this story keep getting higher and higher and I wanted to thank you guys for reading it. I really only did this for the fun of it, not really thinking of where it would end up. Tbh I don't think my writing is that good. I read other ones and I'm jealous because they seem all so great and mines is bleh. But anyway, I thank you guys for it. I really do.}

"Come on, my little pregnant wife. We have to go to the doctors to see the gender," Ryan says, excitement and nervousness in his voice. 3 months have passed since you found out you were pregnant. Now you were going to the doctor to find out the gender.

"Do not call me your little pregnant wife, Ryan," you say, going down the steps carefully.

"What do you want me to call you then? My big pregnant wife?" He puts his arms around you.

"You know what, call me your little pregnant wife."

"Okay babe." He kisses your cheek and takes your hand. Together, you walk to the car, prepared for anything that the doctor will say.

You arrive at the doctor's office and sign it. You have to fill in a whole bunch of papers, which is really annoying. After finishing them, you sit back down. Ryan takes your hand and grips it. He doesn't say anything. You look at him and he smiles. He seems more nervous than you are.

"y/n Ross?" The nurse asks. You stand up and start following the nurse. She takes you to the ultrasound room.

"Hello. I'm Nurse Jackie," she says, extending out her hand. You shake it.

"Hello."

"Now, have you ever gotten an ultrasound done?" You shake your head.

"No, this is my first time."

"Okay. So I'll tell you what happens. The doctor will put this gel on your stomach. The gel is really cold, just to forewarn you. Then he will take this," she holds up the little X-ray thing, "and place it on your stomach. It might take a little while, but once he finds a great enough spot, he will be able to tell the gender." She smiles.

"Thank you for letting me know." You glance over at Ryan to show that everything is okay. He smiles. The nurse continues to ask you fifty thousand questions and then she leaves.

"Ryan are you okay?" You ask, looking at him.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just nervous," he says, leaning forward.

"Babe, it's all right. Everything is going to be okay." The doctor walks in

"Hello, I'm Doctor Johns. You are here to find out the gender, correct?" You nod. He smiles. "Great, let's get this done." You pull up your shirt and expose your stomach. He places the gel on your stomach and you shudder. I guess she wasn't joking when she said it was cold, you think to yourself. He puts the X-ray thing on and starts looking for the baby. Ryan takes your hand and grips it. You look at him and smile, showing him that everything is alright.

"So what do you hope for the gender to be?" Doctor Johns asks.

"We want a boy," Ryan and you say in unison. You giggle a little.

"Well, if you look at the screen," you cram your neck to see it, "you can see that it will be a boy." He points to the male reproductive system (why did I put it like that 😂) and you smile. You look over at Ryan, who's practically in tears. He leans over and kisses your cheek.

"Well, I'll send these up front and you can pick them up tomorrow. You're free to go," Doctor Johns says.

"Thank you," Ryan says, shaking his hand.

You arrive to a furniture store. Ryan and you get out of the car and walk inside. You're greeted by the salesperson, but you already know why you're here. You needed to get a crib, high chair, a small children's bed, a dresser, and much more. After spending hours upon hours and spending almost all of your budget, you finally get home. You instantly lay on the couch while Ryan cooks dinner. You would've done it, but you were so exhausted and didn't want to do anything. In fact, you didn't even hear Ryan the first thirty times he said dinner was ready. He helped you to the kitchen and sat you down. It was a silent dinner. Something seemed to be bugging Ryan, but you didn't know what. You didn't want to argue with him, but he is your husband. You have the right to know what's wrong. So when you both were getting ready to sleep, you decided to ask him.

"Ryan, honey?" You ask. He's already in bed.

"Yeah babe?" He replies, just barely above talking voice.

"Can you come here?" You're in the bathroom, it's not like he had far to walk.

"What's wrong?" He's staying by the door way now.

"Come here." You extend your arms out. He walks into your arms, tears running down his face.

"Babe-"

"Ryan, tell me what's wrong. Please. I love you so much. I don't want you to be like this. I hate it."

"It's really nothing. Sarah and Brendon have something planned for you and I'm just so surprised that they did something like this," Ryan sobs.

"Why are you so emotional?"

"Because of everything that's going on."

"Well, everything will be alright I promise." You lean up and kiss his cheek, then his lips. He takes your hands.

"I love you so much." He leans down and kisses you.

"I love you too."

-------------------------------------------
I DONT KNOW WHY HAPPENED IN THAT LAST PART. I really don't know what I wrote. It was a bunch of random shitz put together. Oops.