Chapter Four

"NELYO!" Maedhros heard Maglor scream as he felt the wind rushing past him. The searing pain traveled up his arm as he fell. "NELYO!!" The scream sounded again before he fell to darkness.

Maedhros sat up with a gasp sweat beating down him. He swallowed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. He gasped slightly and once he caught his breath his head fell forward. His short hair fell over his face. "Oh. Kano..." He said covering his face with his hands. He felt tears in his eyes but he brushed them away and fell back onto the bed. He swallowed heavily but slowly stood up and grabbed a jacket and stepped out of his room. 

He quietly walked around the area by his room. He listened to the waterfalls by Rivendell and something suddenly hit him as he walked through the halls. The area around was familiar and then it came to him. He and Maglor took a hunting trip here once with the twins, it was around Elrond discovered made up his mind he wanted to become a healer. Maedhros smiled at the memory as he found a stair to sit down on. 

"Looks like you could use a drink," Glorfindel said as he sat beside him. He handed put down two glasses and poured it for him. 

"Thanks," Maedhros said as he took the glass. He took a sip and coughed slightly. "What is that?" He asked. 

"Wine. It's about 300 years old, not the best but it is good." Glorfindel said. "Not everyone can have perfectly aged wine or alcohol." 

"Normally wine has a taste," He replied as he took another sip. He shrugged and said, "But it is better than nothing." 

He took another sip and Glorfindel sat back and took his glass. Maedhros then looked at his glass and asked, "How was he exactly? Kano. How was he?" 

Glorfindel looked at him and said, "Not in the best of spots, he was in pain in his hand and he was there trying to find some gloves that may help. He also was looking for Celebrimbor, he said he had to speak with him. I am not sure if he got the chance before he just vanished again." 

"I mean how did he seem mentally," Maedhros said. 

"I am sorry but I can not really say but he barely spoke more than a few sentences. He also smelled pretty bad, I am not sure how well he was takening care of himself." Glorfindel answered. Maedhros nodded and took another drink as he lowered his head. "Thank you." He said quietly. 

"Of course," He replied. The two sat in silence for a bit. Glorfindel looked over at Maedhros and said, "Elrond has twin boys." 

"I heard," Maedhros said. "And a daughter." 

"How did you hear that?" Glorfindel asked. 

"In Valino when I was released form Mando's Halls. Celebrian visited me, we talked for a bit." He replied. 

"She did! How is she?" Glorfindel asked sitting up a bit. 

"From when I saw her last she was good," He said. He looked down into his cup and said, "It was strange. She thanked me for helping raise Elrond. She told me of her children and how Elrond was." 

"Why is that strange?" Glorfindel asked. 

"That Elrond spoke of me like that," He replied. 

"That he was being honest? Elrond is incapable of lying." Glorfindel said. 

Maedhros chuckled and said, "I know. His brother and I am pretty sure Elrond was with. Yet, anyway, they once took Maglor's harp and hid it. When he questioned them Elros lied and suddenly did not understand any known language. Elrond was quiet and eventually gave it back to Maglor later apologizing." 

Glorfindel laughed and had to put the glass down. "So Elrond has not changed since he was 8 years old?" He asked. 

"Most likely not," Maedhros said with a light laugh of his own.