Chapter Ten

Maedhros sat with Fingon, Elrond, Gimli, Glorfindel, Legolas, Aragorn, another man named Faramir, Elladan, and Elrohir. He was listening quietly for most of the conversation about plans about how to deal with the orc, where they will be next, and other similar things. He looked up a bit more when he heard them go to the balrog. 

"Well, I believe Fingon and Maedhros can help me deal with the balrog," Glorfindel said looking at the other older elves. 

"Right, we'll have better luck if it is just us," Fingon said with a nod. 

"Don't you two have to go find-" Began Elrond but Maedhros cut in and said, "Yes. However, if there is a balrog we have the best chance of dealing with it. Considering we all faced one before," 

Elrond looked at the others and back at Maedhros he then started speaking the Quenya version of Feanoiran to him. Maedhros sighed a bit and said something back. Fingon looked at the two arguing elves and then back at the others, "Just ignore them," He said simply. 

"Right..." Aragorn said and continued discussing the battle plans. 

~~~

Soon after discussing these battle plans and preparing the army the group left Minas Tirith and began their ride to the village where it was. About 1000 orcs were reported to be there with their leader being the Balrog. The plan was for Glorfindel, Fingon, and Maedhros to deal with the Balrog while the others focused on the orcs. 

Yet, often plans do not work out the way you hope. Do they?