Chapter Five

Elrond laughed as he watched the twins with Eldarion. He was sitting in a room with Arwen and Aragorn. He was not sure if the twins there was just convenient timing or if Arwen planned it in advance. Yet, he pushed that thought and smiled at his daughter as he handed him a cup of tea. "You here go Ada," She said handing him the cup. 

"Thank you," He replied taking the cup. "I do hope my coming here was not an intrusion." He said. 

"Of course it was not, you are always welcome here," Aragorn said. 

"Yes. Eldarion, loves when you come to visit," Arwen replied. Elrond smiled and opened his mouth to speak but the door opened and Glorfindel came in. They turned to him and Elrond put down his cup and stood. "Glorfindel? What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Is there trouble in Rivendell?" Aragorn asked looking at the golden-haired elf. 

"I am afraid so," Glorfindel said seriously. "In fact, it may affect all of middle earth," 

"Perhaps if something is going on you two should take Eldarion elsewhere," Arwen said. 

Glorfindel shook his head and said, "No. It is too late they have-" 

"Alright. You dramaking you can stop before you scar them to death," Fingon said as he walked into the room with Maedhros who was holding his head and shaking it slowly. Elrond froze as he saw Maedhros. His hand shook a bit as he wobbled on his feet somewhat. 

The others did just looked from Elrond to the new elf. Elrond stepped forward and looked at the tall redhead. "Uncle Nelyo?" Elrond asked in a hushed shaken voice.

"Hey. Been awhile-" Yet, before he could finish Elrond tackled him. 

"Wha-" Began Eldarion but Arwen hushed him as Glorfindel signaled everyone out to let them have some privacy. Once the door closed Maedhros sat up a bit causing Elrond to slid a bit yet, he still hugged him tightly. 

"You're alive...you are here." He whispered squeezing him a bit tighter. He buried his face into Maedhros's chest. 

"I know, I am here," Maedhros replied as carefully moved Elrond so he was in a different position that allowed him to sit a bit more. After he did that he hugged Elrond and put his right hand on Elrond's head.

After a few moments, Maedhros moved Elrond away and he looked to the floor. Maedhros swallowed hard, he did not deserve this kind of greeting. Not from them. After he and Maglor left them for those empty stones based on an empty oath that brought nothing but pain and destruction. "Elrond. Can-can you ever forgive me?" He asked as he felt tears in his eyes. 

"Forgive you?" Elrond replied quietly. "Uncle, you did nothing wrong." 

Maedhros looked up at Elrond but he had to look away again. "You are wrong...the kinslayings, all the death, and destruction I caused. Leaving you and Elros alone-" He began but was cut off when Elrond spoke a bit sharply. "Uncle Nelyo! That was not you! That was the oath you made out pain and anger. You did nothing wrong and even if you did there is no question about me forgiving you. So do not apologizes uncle,"

Maedhros looked up and smiled at Elrond. He wrapped his arms around the elf and pulled him close. He held him tightly and after a few moments, he let go. Elrond sat back on his heels and looked at his uncle. He looked at the elf who sat before and he looked the same but very different at the same time. He did look worn but not from battle, his eyes still held shadows but a light had returned to them, his hair was still cut short but it was a bit brighter, he had no scar or wound that he once hand. He even had both of his hands. Elrond just smiled at him as tears came to his eyes. 

"You have both hands," Elrond said after a moment. His brain was still not caught with the rest of his senses so that was the best thing he could think of to say. Not even what are you doing here or how are you here. Just, you have both your hands. 

Maedhros laughed and looked at them. "Yes. I do." He replied. He then stood up and helped Elrond up who still had weak legs. He leaned against him and said, "I can not believe it. You are here!" 

Maedhros nodded and sat down on the couch with Elrond sitting by him. Elrond looked at him and then the questions came pouring out. "What are you doing here? How are alive? Is everything alright? Nothing is wrong, is it? Did you come here from Valinor? Why are you back?" He asked all in one breath. 

"Easy, remember to breath," Maedhros said with a light chuckle. "It's a bit of a story that I should perhaps save for a bit later or at least till you get settled a bit." 

"I am settled," Elrond replied. 

"You asked six questions in one breath. The first thing you said to me after you realized I was really here; was that I have both my hands." Maedhros said. 

Elrond gave a lopsided smile and said, "I am sorry Uncle but I am curious and extremely happy to see you. Is Maglor with you?" 

Maedhros shook his head and said, "No. That is why I am here," 

"What's wrong?" Elrond asked. "Is he alright?" 

"It's a bit of a long story," Maedhros said. "Yet, long story short I am here looking for him with Fingon" 

Elrond gave him a long look and said, "Perhaps this is a story for later."

Maedhros looked at the door and said, "Perhaps we should let them back in," 

"Oh. Right," Elrond said as he stood up. He opened the door and let the group back in. The twins brushed the others stand in front of Maedhros. 

"So you are Maedhros?" They asked at the same time. 

"I am," Maedhros said nodding the two.

Elrond smiled and said, "Uncle. These are my sons Elladan and Elrohir. This is my daughter, Arwen." 

"It's a pleasure to meet you three," Maedhros said. 

"The pleasure is ours," Arwen said. "Our father has spoken much about you. My husband, Elessar, took our son elsewhere but if you wish you can meet him a bit later." 

"That would be good," Maedhros replied. "Oh. Elrond, this is Fingon." 

Elrond nodded to Fingon and held out his hand. "I head much about-" 

Yet Fingon just went right to hug him cutting him off. He let go after a moment and said, "I am sorry but I was looking forward to meet you. My son spoke about you greatly and if anyone could help this fool that I am more then greatful." He switched the last part into the Feanorain version of Quenya knowing it was something that no one spoke in the room but for Elrond, Maedhros, and Fingon knew. 

"You know how to speak that?"  Elrond replied. 

"Of course I know,"  Fingon replied with a smirk. 

"Wait. Did you say your son? That would mean Gil-galad is alive!" Said Glorfindel said in shock. 

"Yes. He is," Fingon replied. 

"Yes, we have a lot to speak about," Elrond said looking between the two elves. 

"Yes. We do," Meadhros said with a nod. 

"I would rather not wait to hear this," Elrond said.

"Alright, It is a long story though." He replied. 

"Then if you are going to tell the story now then I will go get my husband and I will watch  Eldarion," Arwen said. 

"That one is necessary, I left him with Faramir right now," Elessar said as he came in. He nodded the two elves and they said a quick greeting. After that and everyone is seated, Maedhros took a deep breath and then began the story.