Chapter Fifthteen

Maedhors was not sure how but somehow Fingon managed to make the bathroom clean in a short period of time. Allowing Maglor to take a quick bath and despite it being cold he seemed much more relaxed once he was clean and in fresh clothes.

Maedhros helped him make his hair look normal after he was finished cleaning himself up. He then gave him a fresh change of clothes. Maglor changed into them gratefully, feeling more relaxed then he been in a long time. 

"You are looking pretty good," Said Maedhros gently to his brother as he rubbed his shoulder. Magor nodded a bit and looked down at himself. He smiled a bit weakly as he leaned against his brother. After a few moments, he sat up and looked at him. "Nelyo," Maglor said. "What's going on? How are you here? Why are you here?" 

"Okay. Sit down," Maedhros said moving him back to the room and letting him sit down on the bed. Elrond looked over at them as they came in. 

"Kano...I am here since the Valar asked me to come. They said your suffering may be getting to the point where they can not help you. Kano. It's time to come home," Maedhros said as knelt in front of him. 

Maglor shook his head hashly, "No! After everything that we did...I did! Everything...all the blood on my hands...the pain I still feel. After losing everyone-" He began and started breathing harshly.

Elrond hurried over to his side and put his hand on his father's arm. "Atar. You did not lose everyone," He said. "I am here and Uncle Nelyo is back. What Fingon and Uncle Nelyo said everyone is there in Valinor." 

"Right. Come on Kano, you need to forgive yourself and come home. We were forgiven long ago for what we did. Come on Kano. Come home," Maedhros said looking up at him. "Kano. Come home. Please." 

Maglor shook his head and pulled his legs onto the bed. He lowered his head and in a low whisper said, "I can't!" 

He wrapped himself tightly in on himself and was breathing harshly. Maedhros sighed softly and looked at Elrond who looked at Maglor with concern and worry. Elrond gently put a hand on Maglor's shoulder. "Come on Atar, try to sit up a little." He said. 

Maglor let himself get pulled up by Elrond and he let Elrond hug him as he looked at the ground. He looked up at Maedhros and said, "I can't go back..." 

Maedhros just shook his head and said, "Right now. Do not worry about it," 

"That's right. You still need rest, food, and something to drink." Elrond agreed as he stood up and walked to a table and did a few things before bringing over a cup to Maglor. "Here. just drink a little and rest." Elrond urged. 

Maglor just took the cup and drank it a bit. Elrond and Maedhros exchanged looks. Maedhros stepped out of the room after a few moments. Leaving Elrond time alone with Maglor. He sighed as he walked down the hall. How was he going to convince Maglor to come with them? He blamed himself for far too much. As Maedhros stood there rubbing his head in thought. He realized something. He stood up and walked down the stairs quickly, he walked to the Elladan and Elrohir. "Where is Fingon?" He asked the two. 

"He's outside," Elrohir said. 

"Cutting wood for the fireplaces, he says it's probably going to rain tonight" Elladan added. 

Maedhros nodded at the twins and then headed outside. "Finno!" He called as he hurried over to his cousin. 

"What's wrong? Is everything alright?" Fingon asked as he put down the wood he had. 

Maedhros shook his head and said, "Maglor can't get over his guilt. Everything he did...all the pain and loss. It's getting to him." 

"Sounds like someone else I know, " Fingon said. 

Maedhros glared a bit but sighed, "Yes. I know, that's why I am coming to you. I have forgiven myself for a lot but do you think he'll forgive himself anymore if he sees I have gotten over some things?"

"It could be," Fingon said. "Yet, that means talking about it. Coming to terms with it."

"I know and I know it won't happen intently but maybe enough to convince him." Maedhros said.

Fingon considered it and nodded. "It's worth a shot."

"Thank you," Maedhros replied.

"Anytime," Fingon said in response to him. He then grabbed the firewood and headed back inside with Maedhros as it began raining.

It was going to be a long night...