Chapter Sixteen

Elrond sat by Maglor as he slept. It hurt seeing his father like this. He sat on he edge of the bed and sighed softly. He looked up as Maedhros came in with Fingon and his sons.

"I had to drug his drink a bit to get him to calm down," Elrond said as he looked at Maglor. Maedhors nodded and sat down in a near by chair. He rubbed his face some and looked at them.

"What are we going to do?" Elrond asked. "He needs to go to Valinor to heal."

"We know," Fingon said walking over to Elrond and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Yet, try not to over worry yourself. We'll get him there. After all Celegorm did give us a backup plan."

"Don't ask," Maedhros said shaking his head as Elrond looked at him.

"Hey. Maybe we can convince him to come with us to Gondor," Elladan said.

Elrohir nodded and said, "that's right. Maybe being around other people will help him adjust enough to agree to go to Valinor."

"That may work," Maedhros said looking at them. "Yet, convicting him be a bit hard."

"We can convince him to at least come to Gondor," Elladan said and his twin confirmed with a nod.

"Alright. Now we have that settled, we should leave and let him rest," Fingon said as he ushered the twins out before looking at Maedhros.

"I'll be there soon," Maedhros said.

Fingon nodded and left the room closing the foot behind him. Maedhros stood up and sat by Elrond who leaned into his side. Maglor slept calmly and almost peacefully. He was starting to look better, the was some color in his other wise pale complexion. He still was a bit thin but he was clean and his hair was calmed down and evened out.

"Uncle Neylo?" Elrond asked. "He's going to be okay...right? I...I can't loose him too."

Maedhros wrapped a strong arm around him pulling him into a tight hug. "Don't worry. We aren't going to lose him." He said softly.

Elrond nodded and leaned his head against his shoulder. Maedhros just let him as he looked down at Maglor. He reached to and pulled the blanket closer to his neck. Unconsciously his brother snuggled deeper into the blanket.

Maedhros stood up after a few moments. "I should go speak with Fingon. Will you be alright watching him?" Maedhros asked giving Elrond's shoulder a light squeeze.

Elrond nodded and Maedhros stood fully. "Thank you. I'll be up later." He said.

"Alright," Elrond replied. Maedhors nodded and left the room. He walked down the stairs and sat down beside Fingon and rubbed his right stump a but with his hand. A habit he picked up for when he's worried.

"Nelyo?" Fingon asked looking at his friend with concern.

"What do I do?" Maedhros asked.

"Nelyo?" Fingon asked looking at him.

Maedhros just groaned and leaned back covering his head with his right arm. Fingon looked at him and he let out a braeth. "What did I do to him?" He asked.

"Nelyo. You did not do anything!" Fingon replied.

"Fingon. I left him, I let myself die rather then stand by his side and help him." Maedhros replied. "I stood through so much but that...knowing everything we did was for nothing. All that death. All the blood that was on my hands? All for nothing."

"Maedhros!" Said two voices. Maedhros looked up at the twins.

"You have to forgive yourself!" Elladan said.

"That's right! You have to help Grandpa Mag." Elrohir replied nodding in agreemnet.

"Plus what you did-"

"-That was the oath."

"Our father told us that you once told him and our uncle that if you could take it all back you would."

"Besides if you truly wanted to be like that-"

"-Wouldn't you have just killed our father and our uncle?" They said switching off each line looking at Maedhros. Both had worry and concern.

Maedhros looked at them and was quiet for a moment. He shook his head and cursed slightly. "Man...I am suprised that you two never met Amras and Amrod." He said shaking his head. "You do both realize I am trying to forgive myself. Right?"

"Well do it faster," Elrohir replied angrily.

Fingon smirked and looked at Maedhros. "They are right you know." He replied.

Maedhros looked at all three of them and shook his head. He then looked at Fingon and said, "I blame your family for all not letting me a moment to wallow in self-pity."

"Good. We are doing a good job then," Elladan and Elrohir said togeather. Fingon just smirked and nodded in agreement.

"Okay! Okay!" Maedhros said. "You guys know I am already trying to forgive myself?"

"Well we are just being sure," Elladan said.

Fingon chuckled a bit and looked at the twins. "Well, now you two are sure."

"Yep." Elrohir said with a smirk.

"Besides," Fingon added quietly to Maedhros so only he could hear. "You have a long time to think about what happened. I think you have come to terms with a lot but are afraid to accept it since what accepting it what it means."

Maedhros looked at him and sighed. "We'll talk about it later, Finno."

Fingon nodded with a small smile and Maedhros stood up. He walked over to the twins and looked at them. "Elrond must be in slight horror when he realized you two are almost exactly like he and his brothers were when you two get stubborn." He said shaking his head and looking at the twins.

The smiled at that and looked at Maedhros as he bent down to be level with them. He smiles and nodded. "Look. I think you two can convince Maglor to come with us to Gondor. So, please, when he wakes up and makes sure he comes with us."

The twins nodded and said, "Of course!"

"Good." He replied. He then gave them a hug and smiled at them. When he looked at them he saw Elros and Elrond. Elros would be proud of these two nuts and he knew Elrond was beyond proud.

Maedhros stood back and nodded at them as Fingon walked over. "Well, no matter the set of twins they will always have a way of convincing people." He said.

"They sure do," Maedhros said. He looked at the window as a crash of thunder shook the house.

"It's really coming down out there," Fingon said.

"It sure is," Maedhros said.

The twins smiled and looked at them. They then looked up when they heard footsteps. Maglor was standing on the stairs.

"Kano? What are you doing up?" Fingon asked.

"The thunder...it woke me up," He replied.

"Where is Elrond?" Maedhros asked.

"He's asleep," Maglor replied. Maedhros nodded and looked at Fingon.

"We'll let the three of you talk," Maedhros said. 

"What do you mean?" Maglor asked as he held the blanket around him as the two-headed out of the room. 

"Well let the twins talk to you about it," Fingon said. Maglor frowned after them as he turned to the twins. They grabbed one arm each and lead him to the couch and had him sit down. 

"What?" He asked them. 

"You are coming to Gondor with us!" The twins said together. 

Maedhros chuckle a bit as he heard Maglor trying to refuse but the twins kept at it. He looked at Fingon as he leaned against the wall. "Remind me if they come to Valinor do not let them meet Amras or Amrod." 

Fingon laughed and said, "Will do."